Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a similar experience when I was looking for equipment a few years ago.  The solar filter that I had on order was so backordered that even a week from the eclipse it was still not going to make it in time so I canceled that and just used my ND400 that I had picked up a couple of months in advance.  Someone mentioned not to use that, it's best to use a filter specifically designed to take pics of the sun and so I was late to the game in ordering one.

Needless to say, it worked out well and I still got decent pics, however none of them as cool as if I did use the proper filter.  It's a 58mm so if you can use it, I'll send it on up to you.
Well, two shocking events: 1) my solar eclipse glasses came in today 2) FedEx actually put them on the porch instead of leaving them in a puddle in the middle of my driveway like the lazy asshats always do.

Yeah, my telephoto lens is 58mm. If you're cool with sending it that'd be freaking fantastic.

That last photo reminded me of this...
No prob, that filter is going to get sent out this weekend, you'll have it next week and it isn't going to go via China either...

Here is the comkill.bas for you, keep it safe.  It's just as funny now as it was the first time I saw it...  It works well on an emulator, but better yet, get one of these and get your 800 XL connected directly to your wifi.   Cool
Thanks man! Wow, what a rabbit hole I went down. There's a lot of cool tech out there, and for systems pushing 50+ years old. When I saw the link I thought it was going to go to this guy...
I frequently dive down that rabbit hole and get all nostalgic about the computers from that era.  Can you imagine if the Fuji Net was available at the time.  It would have been a whole lot bigger of course, but the functionality of all of the components combined into one device is pretty amazing.  It kind of reminds me of the time that you installed the XM301 inside of your 800 XL...  And that nostalgia makes me want to either preorder one of these, or just keep watching and waiting for this to finally show up...
That 400 Mini is MINI! I looked up the dimensions and it's only 6" wide. But for me, I'd really like to get my hands on that RM 800XL. I remember looking at that last year and hoping for more information. The last thing I've seen is their one video on YouTube about 2 months ago. Maybe another year? But I was perusing the Atari store and saw some cool artwork. It gives me ideas...
I have started seeing reviews online of the 400 mini, yeah, it's tiny but very cool nonetheless.  I'm curious as to the compatibility compared to real hardware since I'm assuming it's going to just use some embedded emulation.  How flexible is that configuration going to be or will they just lock it down and you get what you get.  In which case the RM 800XL would be a preference anyway, not to mention I like the look of the XL series the best.  And being full size is just going to make it more appealing.  The last I saw is they had expectations that it would ship some time this year, but the web site hasn't been updated since last year.  So who knows...

Oh, post post edit - the kiosk was down this weekend so I couldn't ship until lunchtime today.  ETA is Friday...
The Mini 400 looks to be an emulator with the neat features of rolling back 30 seconds and being able to save current state to resume later. It did say you'd be able to load some other compatible games. But I'm wondering if the keyboard is functional and I don't think you'll be able to plug in a floppy drive...

I'll let you know when I get the filter. Thanks.
I saw that too, I'm going to assume that it will be able to read SD cards so you can copy games over to it.  I doubt the keyboard is going to work, but it might be able to use a USB keyboard for some of the better games that aren't just joystick only...
The fact that this arcade actually has an invader mounted outside definitely means I'd want to step foot into there...
Is that invader a copy of that light project that you're working on?

I know the Cap'n and I were talking pre-pandemic about getting together somewhere in the middle and catching up.  That never happened but I would love to pop out there and say hi.  I think he's about six hours away from me.
That invader was on the side of the building when I did a google street view of one of the arcades in southern Charlotte. Looked pretty a little upscale to me with the Tesla's, Porsche and BMW's seen parked on the road.

There's a place in Southington dubbed the beercade that serves beer and specialty drinks and it's chock full of games. I've yet to go (don't know when the last time I played an arcade game was) but my son has gone quite a few times with his buddies...
Ok, I found that and I think it's a bowling alley, maybe?  The building is supposed to be one of those rent an office places but it's not far from me so I will need to check it out.
For me that's one of the main appeals of an arcade - arcade games from the 80's. It's the nostalgic factor that calls to me. But if they've got a Gyruss game, you better believe I'm going to be on that machine getting the most out of my quarter...
I think pretty much every game at the arcade is one that I really sucked at.  Some more than others, but I still dumped quarters in and played...