Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh yes, that's how it should be, farmer's markets with real farmers selling their products.  And if there are extra booths available, open it up to local craftsmen to sell their products as well.  BC (Before the Chickens) I would go to a farm in Belmont and buy my eggs from her.  And free range eggs were just $4 a dozen!!  But they are worth a lot more than that to me so I would always give her five or six just because I know it's not easy, and at four she was probably not making much...
The in-laws were selling their eggs and with today's rates were completely underselling them. Unfortunately a weasel got into their coop and they used to have about 20 chickens, now they only have 4.

And this is my count-down timer. Only 66,599 hours left until I'm no longer part of the grind...
Ok, new project idea:  another countdown timer that estimates when you may have a grandchild that is old enough to appreciate the digital farm sounds machine...
Yeah, I'm not making a countdown timer for that. And this was almost 5 years ago and all those numbers have gone up except for one - guess which one...
Yeah, I know.  That has got to be truly disheartening, I know Amanda has problems that are work related and has decided to not have kids.
If I had my choice, I wouldn't want to move to a place that gets hit with just about every tropical storm and hurricane that passes by - and then having to deal with the infrastructure that keeps getting destroyed by them. The past few years I've been eyeballing this place (kinda expensive to move there, but would probably be really happy)...
That is one of the downsides to having something in the Caribbean, and something that I'll need to weigh when it all comes down to it.  But I did enjoy PR and the upside is it's still considered US and most people speak English there...
I think it was Kringle Candle where we first tried the various flavored balsamic oils and that got us hooked on the stuff. Now I'd just like a place anywhere that has sane minded individuals that can appreciate the peacefulness of the outdoors...
ooh, balsamic.  I have yet to find anything here that even vaguely resembles the real stuff that you get in Modena.  Every time I would go to the office, I would buy a few bottles of the one, three and five year.  But here is a video of Paulo pouring a 25 year balsamic for tasting.  Yeah, I brought a bottle of that home with me too...

The pic is one of their rooms with multiple sets of the series of seven barrels.  Some of those are hundreds of years old and the stuff in the smallest is the oldest that is more sweet than vinegary.  I wish I could bottle the smell that's in those rooms...
Oh dang, that stuff pours like molasses. I'm sure I've never had anything close to that. I do recall going to an anniversary party at a restaurant way up north and the wine they served was god awful. Most wines I've had are on the sweeter side, this stuff was straight up vinegar. But weird to hear everyone talk about how good the wine is...
It's funny that the local wine in Modena is also a little sour and carbonated.  I'm not as much of a fan of wine either, I still prefer fermented cereal grains...
Well, yeah, fermented cereals are a given. I'll have to try that frozen grape trick...
Another frozen fruit trick that I like is frozen (wild if you can get them) blueberries.  Add a little milk and some sugar and it beats BooBerry by a mile...
Oh and you think wild blueberries would last long enough to make it home and into the freezer...
Wow, I don't think I ever knew that you didn't like red raspberries... Or I did?  Is it a texture thing?