Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For a while my eyes were getting better and my prescription was getting weaker. Then it leveled out but with the lenses in I was starting to have trouble reading small text in low-light situations (without them in, I can see near (small text) perfectly fine and the eye doctor still has a hard time figuring out why my uncorrected near vision is still good). But I've got these crazy new technology lenses that are multi-focal that allow my vision to be clear for both near and far at the same time. It's great not needing any external glasses to keep around. The downside is that they're stupid expensive...
It's these freaking high-maintenance carbon based shells that we have to deal with that's the real problem....  I hope those lenses at least provide a decent HUD...
No decent HUD, but at least I don't have to worry about night vision halos and starbursts if I were to go the Lasik route. And a while back I was under the impression of the universe being more Matrix like, but after these past many years, I'm starting to lean into the multi-verse theory...
No HUD?  I hope you at least have a decent gpu and can get good frame rates.  Oh wait, you said you don't think this universe is in the matrix anymore...
The frame rates are fine, it's the refresh rate that concern me a little more. Yeah, the multiverse seems more likely now. The video I was watching talking about it (I think it might have been Brian Greene) used the Russian Roulette analogy. Every time you pull the trigger two new worlds are created - one where you lose, one where you win. And so theoretically, you will win all the time. Unfortunately, we're stuck in the world where someone else played Russian Roulette and lost...
Quantum computing just seems to make no sense to me.  I mean how do you read the memory when that very process destroys the value?  So in a nutshell, you write the memory and you can't verify it was written correctly.  You only hope it was...
I've watched my fair share of documentaries and tutorials on quantum computing and it still makes no sense to me. In fact, the people who design these things barely know how they work, so I don't feel bad for being absolutely clueless. But I've gone down some rabbit holes and quantum memory isn't what you think it is. It shouldn't work at all. In order to save quantum state, you have to clone it, but you can't clone it because cloning breaks the law of quantum mechanics. I think this guy would be able to chime in about that (if he was still alive)...
I have tried and it just hurts the brain to even scratch the surface of understanding...
Anytime after hurting the brain trying to understand deep fundamentals of the universe or figuring out why the code I just wrote refuses to run properly, I say I should just forget about all that and do something a lot more simpler... or bust out the crayons and a coloring book.
Holy crap the realism that guy put into the model is unreal...  Yeah, there does need to be a hobby that doesn't mind someone in a catatonic state after pushing the brain just a bit too far prompting some sort of illegal error and unanticipated shutdown.
There's this guy I watch on You Tube - Luke Towan who creates absolutely fantastic diorama's that are on a completely different level. My "the brain is broken and needs a rest" go to is some chill/casual video games - mostly logistic builders. But I had to go through some of my archived source code looking at my comments. I bet you know where this one came from...
That Towan guy sounds like the Bob Ross of dioramas.  LPL is kind of the same even keel voice that just takes the edge off of your day when you watch one or two of his vids.  Except when they're really short, or there is an otherworldly burn buried in there...
The LPL Valentine videos are on a completely different level. At lunch time we watch an eclectic array of videos and his are pretty much on the rotation. I love how he rips Master Lock a new one each time he reviews one of their locks. Here's a better alternative to a Master Lock...
That clothes pin would certainly take longer for any general person to open than it takes LPL to open a master lock.  I have seriously considered picking up his Genesis set just to support him and see and tinker with locks around here...
I've thought the same thing too. But then I tried to remember how many times I've needed or wanted to pick a lock in the last two decades and that number would have been zero...