Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Same. Last time I was at Walmart was in August up in Vermont and that's because it was part "road-trip" and they have air conditioning...
While for the most part I hate social media and avoid it now, there are some benefits.  Keeping in touch with friends that you don't get to see often enough is one.  But it lets bands that are working their way up stay in touch with their fans.  And those are the ones that I will support directly with a preorder.  There is a bit of a personal connection there.  I'm sure that it's not always the band that's in the chat, but for most part I think they are and easy to chat with.
The only problem with "window shopping" those small mom & pop stores is that you'll probably have to end up talking to them. Yes, I already know where the snow line is, thanks...
Usually the owners are just going to tell me to let them know if I'm looking for anything specific.  And if they don't have it they can get it for me.  To me that's perfect customer service.  And if I'm window shopping and killing time, then a quick chat with the owners isn't that bad and you can sometimes find out things about the area that are interesting...  But honestly, it's the other customers that are the problem.  I knew I was in trouble when I first moved down here and I was in line at the grocery store.  The lady in front of me started to strike up a conversation.  That was uncomfortable.  But after twenty years I'm used to it now and just roll with it...
Oh, I know how that is. On one of my trips to Charlotte, after a miserable flight that should have taken 2 hours or whatever turned into an 11 hour nightmare. It's late, I'm tired, I'm hungry and I just want to get to my hotel. So I stop at the local Walmart and pick up fixin's for a nice salad and snack. Whats should have been a 2 minute checkout turned into a 20 minute conversation with the cashier. It's like, Lady, I'm real happy that your grand kid are adorable and I now know what your favorite hobbies are, but I just want to pay for my stuff and leave...
hahahaha, that's right.  I remember that.   Welcome to the south...
I should have gotten some of those Halloween contact lenses...
The freakiest thing I have ever seen was this one dude that had his eyeballs tattooed....
Ya know, "what if I..." should remain thought experiments only. When this guy was smaller and asked what he wanted to be when he grew up, he said he wanted to be a door-knocker...
Hmmm, I agree with the "what if I..." statement to a degree.  And most definitely it being a thought experiment only is a bit short sighted...
When we were younger, I believe the "what if I..." part of our brains was short-circuited by the "hey, watch this!" part...
Oh man yes we did.  Sometimes I think it would be cool to have a memory recorder like in the Entire History of You.  But then again, that is really a bad idea.  Maybe a personal only edition?  Football every other week 'cause the following weekend was still a bit too sore / too soon sits pretty high up in the list.  Especially since that inevitably turned into some subsequent activity, like going swimming after an especially muddy game...
I really do miss those football games. So many memories were made from them. If we were to play again, I'd probably want to have something like this...
Those make sense to roll down the big hill.  And if it were wintertime and in the snow, there would need to be an obligatory jump in the middle as well...
Those things I bet would be an absolute riot. And to add on to that one, the sumo match should be done in a bouncy house on top of the mud bowl...