Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a sensible night of not drinking and getting 9 hours of enjoyable sleep, I'm just going to sit here early in the morning and drink my tea...
That's not judgmental, that's the look of jealousy...
I'm sure that movie sucked...
Yeah, that's one of those "I planned to see it in the theater but I was sick that day..." movies...

But there's a big difference between the critic and audience scores, and I don't pay attention to the critic scores anymore.  At one time I started watching the 100 greatest movies of all time, in reverse order.  Some of those movies really sucked...
I'm with you regarding movie critics - they strike me as pompous elites. I also don't listen to the audience either simply because I've seen them and they're chock full of idiots. I go by what I like and I'll tell you that I like a lot of those "crappy" B-movies...
You forgot one qualifier, they're pompous "Hollywood" elites, one step worse than regular elites...  But as far as audience scores go, that's still a whole lot better of a real evaluation than the critic score.
One can only aspire to have their movie showcased on such an awesome show...
The "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" was my favorite episode.  That show was an aspiration that they just were not aware of at the time...
And then there's the real classics...
Did you see the trailer for the reboot?  All of his enemies battle to see who gets to fight Godzilla...
I might actually pay to see that...
And that comment reminded me of another awesome movie...
That reminds me of a great skit (and the album I've been listening to)...
And Strange Brew is 35 this year...
And the Empire Strikes Back is 38 this year...