Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was going to do a play on the name, but decided that a bigger question was posed. What goes good with meat? More meat...
Ok, if you don't I will...
I need an adult! I need an adult!!!
I'll bet they don't sell soda or coffee either...
And probably can't pick up a box of sugar cubes there either...
I'm then quite surprised he didn't find us...

(This pic makes me laugh every time I see it...)
That's a great picture. A great weekend. It was nice and cozy riding up front too...
h.. h.. how is it even possible?  First, you still have it after all these years.  And second, it's intact!!!
1) Shirts just slow me down. 2) I had brought two - obviously the first one didn't survive. 3) I had a feeling that the football games were coming to a close so I held onto this to keep those memories alive...
Oh man, one of the things I miss about having to go to California all the time....
I've never had an In-n-Out burger, but one of my California trips brought me to Ruby's diner. I'd say they have one of the best burgers...
I've been skipping out on the ground beef from the grocery store and grinding my own, and that makes some pretty damn amazing burgers that are better than any restaurant.  But in a pinch when you're out and about, it's always good to have some really good options.  Another really good burger joint is Five Guys...

But while I can't find a clean available copy of the video that I got my "how to grind for hamburgers" I found a few other videos that are still available
Science: For the Best Burgers, Don't Buy Ground Beef—See Why It's Best to Grind Meat Yourself!

The difference between this next vid and what was in the burger video is that she used steak tips and also added butter, salt and pepper before grinding.  Then formed the patties and stuck them in the freezer for another 45 minutes.
Learn to Cook: Bridget Lancaster Explains How to Grind Meat for Perfect Burgers

Then this blog is basically the steps from ATK, but posted and with pics.  Of course it's a woman and she cooked up some "delicious looking" hockey pucks.  But it works up to that point.  I buy bulk and make a bunch of patties all at once then freeze them.  They go directly onto the grill from frozen and are pretty damn amazing.  Especially with a little bit of butter mixed in..
You'll Never Buy Ground Beef Again Once You Learn This Hack
Nice links. Yup, you're serious all right. I hope your burgers look like this after cooking...
My burgers usually get Swiss, but I wont turn down Cheddar on a burger if Swiss isn't available...
Swiss is my go-to also, but I find a slice of Swiss and a slice of Monterey Jack together really bring in the flavors...