Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You are probably correct.  I don't picture a Broadway musical as one of his favorite pastimes.  But I would bet Dan could have gotten him to go to that one...
I bet Dan could have persuaded him. That's a nice view. I should be getting a nice view from the 2nd floor when the house is built. Next time I'm up there I'll have to bring the drone to get some aerial shots...
Ooooh, awesome!  I didn't realize you were that close to Washington and Tucks.  I had pics from the drone from there, I just don't remember where I put them, or if I even kept them...
Yeah, it's pretty close. 40 minutes to Bretton Woods, 35 minutes to Cannon Mt or Burke, 50 minutes to Loon, an hour to Waterville Valley, Wildcat or Attitash, and an hour and 20 minutes to Jay Peak. All of 'em easy day trips. I plan on picking a mountain each winter and getting a season pass so I'll be skiing just about every chance I get. Wake up early, head to the mountain and ski the morning and then come home for lunch. Or go skiing after lunch for a few hours - or just ski the place from open to close...
That's awesome to be so close to so many.  Even in CT you are close to decent skiing, unlike here.  There is skiing in NC, but it's about on par with Powder Bump or Southington and to get there is 2 1/2 hours away.  Even if I stay at the cabin it's almost two hours to the best mountain in NC.  So a night skiing is pretty much not an option and a weekend all day is $80 now.  But until today I have never seen a combined square/diamond trail...
The local mountains here aren't worth it anymore as they're expensive and it's a day-care center for spoiled rich kids now. But check out Pebble Creek, they don't know what difficulties their trails are...
That just reminds me of two particular quotes:
        "Lift tickets $42.  YOW!!  This is the spring rate??!?"
and
        "(there were alot of trails we wanted to ski, but didn't because there was no way to access a gladed trail from them.)"
I had to re-read the ski tour again. The one that made me chuckle the most:
       "Breakfast at the Grand Union:  Pastrami on rye, large Sprite, corned beef
        on rye, and large Coke.  Breakfast of champions.  God, Osh.  Your
        breath reeks.  Shouldn't have had onions on yer sandwich."

It's a good thing the ski resorts didn't use the Lucky Charms methods of color coding their trails...
Oh I occasionally do "find" that again and re-read it, and all of the hilariousness that came from that trip that year.  Why is it no one else could join us?  That year ended up being one of the best years evah!!!
That was the year where we had at least 8 people committed to going and then 1-by-1 they started canceling and I have no real idea what triggered it, but I'm in full agreement that was the best ski trip of all time. Now for those Mashmallow Mateys, I've never had those - and I had no idea that Malt-O-Meal was bought out by Post either...
I think Zuppy opted out because we didn't have a set plan.  He didn't want to sleep in the car...  We had no reservations, and even the resort plans could change.  And if we decided that one mountain wasn't going to work, we could have changed and gone elsewhere.  But dammit, we got to ski Suicide Six, Stowe, Whiteface, Jay, and Mad River Glen.  All in one week.  And found Jay and all of the most amazing trails and policies.  Yup, that trip was the most amazing week ever...

Not that long ago we had a "discussion" at work about the similarities between Drake's and Hostess.  And the relative merits  of each of their respective products...
Some people were starting to lose their sense of adventure a little early. I'm so glad we still went.

Now for the Ring Dings vs Ding Dongs, the Ding Dongs win for 3 reasons:
  1. The cake is more moist.
  2. The chocolate coating peels off nicely.
  3. Wrapped in tin-foil.

Drakes' products have always tended to be on the dry side - you needed at least two glasses of milk to get through them. Although, I was a huge fan of their Funny Bones throughout high school. But my all time favorite is the Hostess Cupcake...
Holy crap!  I just noticed in my previous pic (and this one).  Look who owns Drake's...
That was the first thing I noticed. It's like they just want to ruin our childhood memories. And I knew where you were headed, but damn, that fruit was a little too low hanging...
I always laugh when I remember drunk Deb and the ho-ho, ho bit....