Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Upper and lower, I like the way you think. That trainer is also lacking the thrill of hurling yourself off the side of a mountain too...
There is an upside, getting to "ski" year round with no concerns that it's 90 degrees outside.  And with a proper HVAC you could keep it at 20 in that room all of the time and at least be comfortable getting your exercise in...
If I keep the room at 20°, then mist the belt with some water to get it to freeze, I'd could feel like I'm skiing the east...
Check with the manufacturer, they may offer different belts depending on the conditions that you want to ski.  Standard is the "groomed west coast" but option one is "north east"...
I know the feeling. I've stopped using the treadmill and have been logging hours on the stationary bike instead now. But if I wrap my knees in this, you're saying there's a chance of being bionic...?
If you wrap your knees in that, you may at least have bionic slides....
I'm already imagining it...
Waxing the sled doesn't work.  We used to start on the neighbors driveway, then have a corner at the next neighbors driveway that would shoot us off down their hill, then another corner that would turn and continue down the hill along the back of their house.  We tried waxing or using PAM and it really didn't make much of a difference...
You guys were probably too light back then. I bet if you tried it today you'd notice a difference. Now if this Eddie was your cousin, I'm sure that be pretty bad ass...
You know now, I think I would love a sled that is made like a ski, with a P-Tex base that can be waxed, just like skis...
Are you sure about that kind of sled and where it attaches too...?
Man, I was thinking about the bottom construction.  But to answer your question, no, I definitely do not need to figure out where the bindings attach to.  Ouch!
The only thing with that saucer is it's only good for one run...
That's because Clark had just a thin sheet of aluminum between his ass and the snow.  It's kind of like a meteorite.  Way up in the upper atmosphere it's freaking cold, a lot colder than the snow here on the ground.  And yet space rocks hit the atmosphere and burn up because it gets hot.  That's a freaking rock traveling through air!  A thin piece of metal isn't going to last long traveling on something as slow as snow...
I fell down the rabbit hole with this one. I know more about friction coefficient between two objects than I ever needed to know. I don't think you can burn steel or anything else sliding down snow no matter how fast you're going, unless that material combustion temperature is lower than 212 degrees. Because you're actually sliding on about a 20 molecule thick sheet of water. And here's one for ya, waxing your boards will make you go faster, but if you want to go even faster, use this as your secret ingredient (there's a bit of science behind it that I don't feel like explaining, but it has to do with contact points)...