Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's not so much the generator but the type of switch as well. If you have a transfer switch that switches the neutral then the generator should have a bonded neutral. If the transfer switch is the type where you just bring over the hot, then the generator should have a floating neutral. Basically, there should be only one bonded neutral at the first point of disconnect from the mains. In simple to understand terms: The ground wire should never share the return voltage with the neutral.
That sounds like a horrible if statement...
Or just buy a panel designed to be a sub-panel where you have to buy the grounding bus bar separately - like mine that I wired...
Way back in the mid 80's (remember Gloria?  She took out our power for a couple of weeks) we ended up getting a generator.  Dad had a 50A receptacle installed next to the panel in the garage on a breaker to back feed the house.  I think that was pretty standard back then...
Don't tell them about the slim line breakers...
I know I have pics of similar poles from my visit to India.  That really surprised me, but then in a way did not, it is really crazy, just like no rules.  Need power?  Just run your own wire to the nearest pile of spaghetti and connect it...  But question, is that a shoe right there at 12:00 about 1/4 of the way down from the top?
Between working with Indians and watching a lot of videos from India, I can only come to the conclusion that their culture doesn't teach them about foresight. It's like, if I do x, I expect y to happen - but there's a possibility that z might happen as well and I'll need to account for that. Not with them. They're going to do x because they're certain y will happen. Then react dumbfounded when z happens. But shoes on the power lines was a pretty common site for me growing up. I know I've managed to put a few pairs up there...
Ooooh, I think you nailed that culture perfectly.
At least it wasn't a shoe that attacks...
One of my brewer friends from Puerto Rico would occasionally talk about that being his mom's favorite punishment. Mouth off = smacked in the mouth with her flip flop.  Rude gesture = smacked with a flip flop.  Disobey = smacked with a flip flop.  You get the idea....
One of the kids growing up on my street would get the Dr. Scholl's clogs thrown at him. Those things had some weight. I remember all too well the day she missed and he threw it back at her. Let's put it this way, if what happened to him happened today, she'd have been put away for life. But these things are what bug me the most. How the hell do you keep them on your feet when trying to walk around...?
Most of todays kids need something like the fear of momma to set them straight...
It's great to see people actively try to improve themselves, but damn, hire a professional trainer...
I have tried to join a gym on a few occasions, and each time they give you a tour and show you how to use the equipment.  And besides that, there are always other people there that know how it all works, even if you don't want to ask someone, you can quietly observe...
You might be giving people more credit than they deserve...