Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to plan another trip home, it's been too long since I've seen everyone...
I need to get out more often. It'd be nice to see everyone too...
Hmmm, there's an option instead of beer.  Some of my homebrew friends opened a cidery/meadery pretty close to the house...
A couple years ago I tried some cider ice wine I picked up in Canada. I don't like wine, but this stuff was just amazing...
So apple wine is really just cider.  And honey wine is just mead.  Someone is going to get that stuck in their head and start calling their beer barley wine...
I guess if you can ferment it you can turn it into wine...
Then there is the whole fermented food thing too.  Lacto fermentation is another fun science project...
Lots of yeast went into the making of this traditional meal I've eaten on many holidays...
Oh yeah, I love that dish!!!  Dad would make sauerkraut every fall and a lot of times I would grab some and cut some hot dogs and heat it up on the wood stove.  Mom would occasionally cook a kielbasa for dinner too.  Meanwhile, I made a batch of golumpki last night.  I'll portion them out and freeze them tonight.  That's another great comfort food from my childhood...
And for dessert we have...
Oh isn't that the truth!!  Her poppy seed rolls would probably not fly today if you needed to take a drug test after.  Mom still makes Grammy's nut rolls for Easter and will ship me one every year.  But of all the things that Grammy would make, her homemade chicken noodle soup was always my favorite.
My favorite she would make were these thin Norwegian style pancakes. Pour some syrup on them, roll 'em up and om-nom-nom-nom...
We never had crepes growing up.  We also never had these either, but they have become one of my favorite "pancake" next to sourdough and buckwheat pancakes...

And yeah, the secret is lotsa real butter!!
Ooooo... that looks yummy. You know what would compliment that? Some nice smoked applewood bacon...
Ooooh, the only bacon that I get now is from PA.  Whenever I visit the farm, I have to stop at this little country store and buy pounds of it, then freeze it in little packs when I get home.