Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, your previous post two days ago about putting children in mines, well... Iowa: S. F. 167 (see Sec 10) 14 year olds are allowed to work in mines.

I like my tics with a side of tac...
I think you misread - section 92.6 says that 14 can't work in the mines.  But the way I read this other one is under 18 you can work with explosives as long as there isn't any machinery involved...
Right, 92.6 says that fourteen year olds can't work in mining. But I specifically pointed out section 10 that grants an exclusion...
Oh man, I missed that part even though you directly pointed it out.  And so based on that, 14 year olds can use explosives in a mine as long as they don't use any machinery to help them...
I was so annoyed when I read that they would be able to handle explosives. I've been trying for about 5 years now to get my hands on some det cord and I haven't been successful yet. Now if only I was a 14 year old in Iowa...
Maybe you just needed to be a 14 year old in rural PA.  When dad was growing up and plowing the fields they would hit a rock too big to dig.  So his dad would send him in to town to pick up a case of dynamite to take care of it.  In rural PA, 14 (and younger) is old enough to drive the car and buy the stuff...
But that's dynamite - I could make something that created the same effect as that. The det cord is what I really want to get my hands on. Ever see a tree explode when wrapped with a few yards of that stuff? Dynamite is fun, don't get me wrong, but you don't get that same maniacal laugh watching a tree become shredded wheat like you would with dynamite just knocking it down or taking a limb off.

Now I could see my 14 year old self driving into town to pick up a case of dynamite in one these...
Bitchin Camero, bitchin' Camero, I ran over my neighbors...
That was one of the best "secondary" commented threads ever. You gave it the perfect ending...
That was an awesome secondary thread.  Awesome because each day I "sang" the song in my head to get the next line.   Nope, I haven't listened to it enough times to know exactly how it goes...

But I'm not that surprised, that was in the early days of the interwebs and I read somewhere that usenet posts are only kept around for a handful of years.  But I vaguely remember you telling me that you did find it once many years ago, did you possibly save it somewhere?
I "cheated" a little bit in that I would queue it up each time and the lyrics would display on the sidebar of the player.

I searched my drives and couldn't find the skydiver post anywhere, but I decided to give my search-fu skills one more kick at this and I managed to get it...

House vs. Jumper
Holy crap, you found it!  I dunno why but I seemed to remember a lot more negative comments...
That's funny, because I was thinking the same thing. There seemed to have been a lot more outrage for even daring to ask the question. I would have thought sky-divers would be a lot less uptight. I just wonder about that lady above - it reminded me of that time when I was doing construction and the ladders on top of the van would whistle when we were on the highway. How loud was she whistling? A strip of duct-tape over them flaps would probably quiet things down a lot...
Wow that set me off on a wild goose chase.  First, to look for a pic with me skiing in jams.  I swear I had some, they probably got lost in one of my many moves.  Then looking at Warren Miller pics for someone skiing in shorts, you know those scenes where folks were skiing across the puddles of ice and water.  And nothing good came up...
Oh boy, that reminded me of the time I was up north while Jay Peak was doing their pond skimming. I managed to get a couple pictures...

Full album here: Jay Peak - 2013