Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That'd be too much work. It'd probably be easier to write some cheesy app disguised as a being affiliated with some upscale magazine and unleashing the malware from that. Encrypt their system, charge them $1,200 to unlock - easy peasy...
I can remember that time at SRC when you downloaded the source for a ton of viruses.  Then I like to think that the davlav's a luzr code qualifies as one and I can say that I have successfully written and deployed a virus that made someone go crazy....
I could make one of those IoT things, maybe a weather station of some sort and have it connect to their network and run some nmap behind the scenes and try to infect all the machines it finds. Because right now, IoT devices are notoriously insecure (just ask those smart refrigerators). Oh, something I've been watching that's been done really well and is quite interesting is building a Hello World program from scratch for a 6502 processor...

Build a 6502 computer
I have seen a few vids from that series, and I agree it's pretty interesting.  I do miss the days of hacking around with the 8-bit...
That guy's got a ton of great content. Another one I've been watching is the 8-bit guy. He's mostly C-64 centric, but does cover a wide range of technology around that era with some interesting tid-bits...
Yup, the 8-bit guy is an occasional watch, but if you want more Atari specific channels, I either go for 8-bit and more or if I wanna watch someone repair and upgrade old computers, it'll be flashjazzcat...
I still have my micro-controllers to play around with and my 8-bit emulators. But tinkering is definitely on hold for a while because I'm trying to fix a buster power supply board (half the caps gone bad on it) on one of my network switches and this is what I have to deal with...
I know, there are just no electronics coming in, good luck building a gaming machine that needs a decent video card too.  I did hear that one kid and his dad gamed NewEgg though.  They couldn't get the GPU that they wanted and the lottery was not being nice to them, so they found a work around.  They built a custom PC on the NewEgg site with all of the necessary components including that GPU that they wanted.  Then removed all of the components except the GPU and had it shipped right out to them...
That's pretty smart of them. I didn't think you could remove discreet components like that from a custom build. And I've looked for a replacement including e-bay and there just aren't any out there. It is pretty old, I think I bought the switch back in 2007...
Maybe it's time for an upgrade.  You could probably find a faster switch for a whole lot cheaper, then rearrange the drops so the ones that need it can go on that new switch...
You've seen my rack, right? Those all handmade custom cables and I really don't want to have to do that all over again...
I have seen pics before and yes, I am impressed.  But then again, it does not surprise me, your type A kept things pretty clean at SRC too...
That's nightmare fuel. It reminds me of when I watched some episodes of Hoarders and the entire time just thinking, how did you let it get like this? At least organize that mess...
It's kinda like that house we are trying to buy, but it at least is filled with "stuff".  Most people would probably look at it as trash, but the guy that lived there was a hoarder of all kinds of old electronic and electrical stuff.  It looked like there was a tube tester with all kinds of vacuum tubes, old electronics, test equipment, and he was a photographer.  I told Hank about that and if / when we get the house I can let him know what types of old cameras and equipment is in there.

But it's most likely going to fall through.  It turns out there was a credit card that was probably maxed out and then accrued interest all of these years after he passed on.  They are trying to work with that card but until that debt is cleared they can't sell the house.
Probate and estate matters have got to be a pain. Especially when dealing with creditors.

Think there's any of those old-school handheld games in that pile? And I'm pretty sure we know exactly where those little "dots" were going...