Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting.  I love it when a scientific principle is the root cause of a rabbit hole...  I would guess that based on your description, onion powder has a certain structure and resiliency that allows little points to lift the ski above the water and let you go zoooma zoooma zoooma just a bit faster.  Kind of like a catamaran...
A mildly grainy bottom may help reduce capillary drag in warm conditions, stopping any clingy meltwater from hitching a ride on the bottom of whatever you're using. Such as on a toboggan. Even better when it's for competitive tobogganing...
Yeah, the reply was almost one of my favorite Calvin and Hobbes single panel strips...
So if you were playing outside at -250°F and the temperature shot up to -100°F, would it feel like a heat wave and shorts weather or would you not be able to tell...?
That depends.  Are we doing bumps and glades while it was -250?  Or just cruising and taking it easy?
Bumps and glades. The wife makes these things...
Then absolutely it's a heat wave and I'm going to wear shorts...
In the past 2 years I've only worn long pants 3 times (I'm not counting the leathers I wear when on the motorcycle though), so it would always be shorts weather in my eyes. But that last picture got the best of me and damn, it's amazing what people will make a sport out of it and take it to the nᵗʰ level...
If you lived down here there wouldn't have even been three times...
Yeah, those pants had nothing to do with weather. Two were for going into an office and the third time was for reasons I don't remember...
That third set of pants were probably because you had to do something with fiberglass insulation and didn't have a hazmat suit handy...
Holy crap, you're right. I had to do some work up in the attic and put on jeans despite it being 120 degrees up there...
Oh I lol'd when I read that in your voice.  Attic work sucks, especially in the summer...
Attic works sucks any time of the year. And here I was thinking this is the reason he left the winch unattended...
Fiberglass doesn't bother me that much anymore, I have probably built up a tolerance so winter work in the attic is not that bad.  The summer though really really sucks being up there.  But I really need to watch that movie again.  I think you nailed the extended reason why the antichrist was in the tree.  The school teacher had to go off to use the bathroom (maybe?) and got stuck in that pricker bush and he had to go rescue her...