Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe it's just the big boats and the wide open waters that I'm not a fan of. It's always the what if the engine fails or you take on water, the idea of floating out there just bobbing around in the waters is unsettling. Kayaking on the other hand, I really do enjoy quite a bit. A little bit of a workout if you want or just calmly glide around the lake...
So an engine failure wouldn't bother you that much if you were in a sailboat?  But I do know what you mean about kayaks.  We keep those and the canoe at the cabin.  The boat launch at the lake is just a few minutes away...  (pic is a sunset on the lake)
That's a really great picture. I took a picture out on a lake up north with this goober...
That was a great night a couple of weeks ago.  I'm glad everyone showed up and Steve and Kim were hosting it.  That turkey was pretty amazing!
That was literally 6 days ago and it was a good time with a lot of great food. It was awesome everyone was able to make it. And those pork bites that JT brought were my favorite...
Swimming with my phone would be a bad thing.  But I did have one go through the wash in a pants pocket.  By the time I realized it was in there, it had been soaking for a while.  But rice is an amazing thing, a week in a bag of rice and it was mostly functional, at least enough to get what I need off the phone onto the sd card and into a new phone...
When I used to go into the office and the boss would take us out for lunch, we'd hit Bear's Smokehouse BBQ and this is what lunch would like...
Oh man that plate looks good.  Trying local cuisine was definitely one of the perks to traveling that I do miss...
There's one relative that will make baked beans if they know I'm coming over for a cookout because I'm the only one who actually eats them. But if you put onions in them I will murder you with a wooden spoon...
I have never put onions in my baked beans, but I have done them on the smoker and they come out amazing.  And I totally agree with your A1 statement, so much so that I actually cringe when I'm out at a restaurant and the waiter asks if I want A1 with my steak...
I just had turkey pot-pie for dinner. What are your thoughts on lima beans? They add a nice texture and they're not peas...
Does %22 refer to finger air-quotes?

Have you ever run into a chef that prefers medium?  I will usually ask if they can do blue, and if the waiter looks at me funny I just tell them as rare as the chef will do it...
Yeah, finger quotes. Since I don't go out all that often there's only one place I do that. It usually has a nice sear on all edges and perfect middle that's not raw...
I am finding lately that I prefer it closer to raw in the middle and is how I will usually do it at home.  High heat, a quick sear on the outside and leave the middle very tender...

Though if at a restaurant and I see duck or bison on the menu I will lean toward one of those instead of cow.  However it might be time to try cooking a goose...
I've had goose once and honestly, I thought it was crap...