Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You are probably right about doing something like that today.  But then again, how much easier everything was when it was all DOS based.  Even Win 95 that was DOS based made it easy to really customize how the system started.

Now, while you checked that program to make sure it worked was impressive.  What would have really impressed me would be if you disassembled the code...

(Waving flags, anyone....???)   Big Grin Big Grin  Big Grin
Even with the hardware you can't physically type those inverted down arrows. I had to write the string to a file with PUT #1,ASC([char value]) then MERGE the file into the listing. And since you threw down the gauntlet, here you go:

(references: Atari Machine Language, Atari Assembly Language, Mapping The Atari)
Code:
68        PLA
A2 00     LDX $00
A9 0B     LDA $0B
9D 42 03  STA $0342,X
68        PLA
9D 45 03  STA $0345,X
68        PLA
9D 44 03  STA $0344,X
68        PLA
9D 49 03  STA $0349,X
68        PLA
9D 48 03  STA $0348,X
4C 56 E4  JMP $E456 (CIOV: Central Input/Output (CIO) utility entry. CIO handles all of the
                           I/O operations or data transfers. Information placed in the
                           IOCB's tells CIO what operations are necessary.)
Oooh, nice!  I don't remember those special characters being all that difficult; and I used to type in tons of programs that were listed in Compute! each month...
The special characters aren't that difficult to type in. I still remembered how to do my old username. It's those inverted down arrows I'm telling you cannot be typed in by hand...
Hmmm, this might be the incentive to find and obtain an 800 XL on ebay or something...
Guess what...
Whew, I know my memory has some holes, but for some reason it's the insignificant memories of typing in Atari 8-bit programs that are still stuck in there...
The good old days of computer magazines. Hours were wasted reading this one and fantasizing about building that dream machine for $7,500...
It's funny how at different times and circumstances, that catalog changes...
Ah, yes, the Victoria Secrets catalog. You always scrutinized those bra pictures because even with the amount of lace in them, you could never see a nipple. Now old me likes getting this catalog to look at all the neat gadgets that I still can't afford...
Catalogs are nice, dreaming about the new toys from the comfort of your living room sofa is a pleasant pastime...
The double entendre of "wood" will always make me chuckle...
Beavis and Butthead is a worthy response!!  There are far too many double entendres those two provided as adolescent humor that will always make me chuckle...
While searching for a good response, I saw this very disturbing photo...
Oh no!!!  Bartender!!!  More beer, please!!!!