Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a few apps and the drone software itself that checks the fly zones. Since mine is under the weight limit that needs to be registered, I'm basically OK to fly just about anywhere that allows it as long as I keep it below 400'. After that, it's a simple request for permission and approval came come in in less than 5 minutes...
Maybe I need to look at one of the smaller drones.  Both of ours are more than the minimum weight limit.  I watched some drone racing a few months back, those are crazy quick and the pilots are crazy good at what they do.
I did a little "action" video of Stile on his snowmobile and I was able to keep up with it. It's certainly wouldn't hold up in a race, but does manage to speed around at a pretty good clip...
That sounds cool.  Were you able to use follow mode and just let it keep up automatically?
It's just a little mini drone with no special abilities other than finding it's way home if lost...
Ahhh, maybe I still like the Mavic Pro.  It does a decent job of following me if there isn't anything that gets in the way and blocks the view...
I can't really complain as it was a really nice gift I had gotten from the family. And for what I use it for, it's been perfect...
I hate flying the drone indoors.  I was filming inside of a church that was being built and the insulation was strapped in on the ceiling.  They were looking for indoor footage and I had no spotter so was trying to pretty much decline.  I ended up agreeing to get some of that interior footage and so then watching the screen instead of the drone I ended up flying into the insulation and the blades embedded themselves and got stuck.  About 30' up too...  We had to get one of the workers to roll on over there and collect the drone.  Needless to say, they agreed with my reasoning for not flying indoors after that...
Then you should pick up one of the mini drones for indoor shots. I can fly mine quite easily throughout my house. The only thing you have to watch out for are loose papers and narrow hallways as the wind turbulence can upset the drone. The video quality is nice too.

I don't know if you've seen this...
Save the trees!!
The Mavic is easy enough to fly indoors as long as I have a spotter that can keep an eye on things.  I have considered getting a second controller and using that for just the camera while I control the drone movement.  Anyway, for now we have a DJI gimble that works great for indoor footage and the drone is explicitly used for outdoor only...
Flying in and out of windows would make for dramatic shots. When using your gimble, do you go around make "vrooom vrooom" noises when doing a walk through...?
Ooooh tempting.  I have flown in through open doors but to come in through a window sounds like it would make a good shot.  Or at least interesting...
I've seen some palm sized drones that do video and the quality is surprisingly good. I'm not sure if you're doing 4K presentations, but upscaling algorithms have gotten pretty good. Now a sure fire way to keep me from using something is if I have to spend more time assembling/disassembling than actually using it...
Oh yeah, the stuff that DJI puts out is pretty decent, even the small drones have quality cameras.
It'd be nice if DJI had a company division that specialized in dash cams - it's next to impossible to find one that's true 1080p or higher. But that Lego X-wing, it'd probably be cheaper to buy one of the original movie models...