Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rebuilt my NAS but the rack mount case didn't have a backplane (that was less than $56 ($8 part, $48 shipping)) that fit the new motherboard...
Wow, that's beautiful! How much storage?
That's not mine... Mine only has about 4TB, that thing up there is like a couple PBytes...

Time to go retro..... My first hard drive was 23 MB.... (unfortunately it was not a Supra, though)....
:giggle: My retro stuff is actually still running...
That is so awesome....
The 256k Rambo-XL. I just think back at how much it cost for the 8 - 256kbit chips and the fraction of the cost for 2x4GB (8GBbytes) chips just recently...
That 800XL was the most fun that I had messing with a computer. There was so much that you could do with them. It helped that I had a little more free time on my hands then than I do now, though....
You and me both. The Arduino (micro controller) world has brought back some of that fortunately. And it's not so much about the free time as it is all of the other interests that compete for that time. I need more cores!
I had the Mindstorms kit a few years ago, and just gave it to Hunter because I didn't have enough time. Growing old sucks....
Not always...
Ok, so some growing old is ok. Have you tried it? I brought some of this stuff back with me. Wow!!
I have. Absolutely incredible. That balsamic vinegar looks good too. I bet it'd go fantastic on a Caprese salad. Oh, this is my score from last week's visit up to the Great White North, eh... ($23 total)
Interesting combo, whiskey with cinnamon? And the verdict is....

(That balsamic, though, is more the type to drizzle on vanilla ice cream.... Here's a video of Paolo pouring some out to sample: http://theosh.com/video/00016.MTS)
That's a tiny bottle of balsamic and pretty thick. As for the verdict, it's still out...