Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That picture reminded me of the time we were at that all you can eat ribs and shrimp restaurant... and we actually got kicked out even though we didn't eat all that we can (I do remember emptying the shrimp bowl at least once)
Oh wow, now that is one memory that's been resurrected from beyond the grave.  It's still vague though, was that at Rehoboth?  My folks went to Ocean City a couple of weeks ago and had fun.  It was a little too late in the season plus with the rona-crap, there were a lot of things closed, but they still enjoyed it.
No, it was in East Hartford near the old Showcase Cinema on Silver Lane. I think we went there one night after a football game. Now the Rehoboth Beach had some good memories as well. I remember sitting on those benches and doing some serious people watching...
I will always have fond memories of people watching there...  And thanks for the memory of the assless chaps, I did giggle out loud.
One of our highlights was that dinner when we asked how long and it was like an hour. We're like, sure we'll wait. And then proceeded to sit down on their front porch waiting area. Of course our attire wasn't exactly "tame". I think I had my Metallica shirt on. It wasn't even 5 minutes before they had a table ready. The kicker was that they had to parade us through the entire restaurant all the way to the back. An 8-person booth for 2 people. Although, at the peak of our meal, the table did look very similar to this...

(and yeah, we wanted dessert - oh, the ice cream bar is in the front, no problem)
Oooh, now I remember.  Once you described just the two of us at that huge table with no spot open for any more food, that was the trigger.  I can't remember the restaurant anymore but that meal was epic!
I could have sworn I was just on their web site looking at the menu. It must have been an archive site. But that trip, we lucked out on a few epic meals by chance. You don't get schnitzel like that in Connecticut...
That entire trip was epic and I really hate that no one else got to experience it.  I was hoping it would have been a week long Monsters of Rock no holds barred festival with everyone..

No matter, you documented it well and I'll find a way to make that my epitaph...
It started out with at least 7 more people and then slowly they all started bailing. It's a bummer that they didn't make it. But you'd think with the way the back of the truck was filled there were at least 10 other people with us...
The intro to the diary from that trip says it all...

Quote:Monday:

Picked me up... five pairs of skis....  how many people going??!?

Ski Tour '94
          ^^^
        Diamond        --> name change on Tuesday.

Plan:  Send Zup a postcard from everywhere.  Oh well, Suicide Six didn't have any.
I totally forgot about our "custom" short skis we got for rock skiing and tricks. Didn't we get them at Play It Again Sports store...?
Yup, a bunch of us picked them up at Play It Again.  Those were money well spent!
Go to work or go skiing? The decision wasn't that hard to make...
That day will be a forever story.  One forever to be told... never to be forgotten...  That day was truly epic, and another day that's too bad no one else experienced it.
I think it's because we usually kept the beers in the case, and by the time it was empty we were either looking for another case or weren't in any condition to come up with crazy good ideas. Although, we might have thought of it but completely forgot about it the next day...