Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I should set up another aquarium...
This is just a test message.
Testing my memory.  The last image reminded me of this...
Anytime I see nostalgia, it brings me to this...
I always loved that demo.  Imagine how many more Atari's would have sold if that existed back in the 800 days and that was playing on the display model in Sears...

I'm reading a book now that's bringing back tons of nostalgia.  While it's not worth the cover price, it's still fun to read another fan boy's perspective on the platform.
I wish I still had my old 8-bit books and manuals...
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.  This one had tons of great info and would be a fun nostalgic read now...
This book got a lot of use...

(Mapping The Atari)
Compute! had some great books.  Besides those, I also had a subscription...
I had a subscription also and even typed in a bunch of programs from them too (and this was before I even had a floppy drive to save my work)...
I did the same, once.  I was pretty overzealous with the magazine and couldn't wait to type in one of the programs before the floppy drive came in (I mail ordered that since 20th Century didn't carry it).  I don't remember the game (of course it was a game) but it was machine language pokes from basic and took forever.  And then the game did not hold my attention for long, it was just redundant and boring after the first couple of levels, kinda like Activision's Laser Blast.  Luckily the drive came in a few days later so I didn't have to wait long and it gave me the interface to connect the printer too...
I remember that Trak drive. That thing was awesome. This was my first floppy drive (from 20th Century TV)...
Oh, and remember opening the brand new box of floppies.  Some things kids these days will never understand...
Or the first box you got where the floppies weren't black...?
The first floppy that I owned was for the TRS-80s at school.  Cutting the notch wasn't enough to make it double sided, you had to punch extra holes as well for the index hole...

[attachment=6295]