Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ugh, I really hate those calls...  I'm always freaking invited and there is never any issue that lands on my plate...
End of next month we have a 2 day long conference call. I'm so going to do this...
A two day freaking conference call?  Ugh, WTF does any need two days on a conference line for?
Because we have new product managers who think we all need to be involved in wasting 2 days worth of work...
I'm sure you have some colleagues that feel the same way...
You bet there are. A few years back one guy spoke up and just came out and said "These 2 day meetings are an absolute waste of time. We can get everything done in less than half a day. In fact, we've already done all the work we needed to do so now I'm here just for the free lunch because there's nothing left for us to do." After that, the following years we had half a day slotted for the meeting (and we'd get a free lunch). Now we're back to 2 days of bullshit...
That sounds like our kickoff every spring, except it's not a conference call, it's a "let's get everyone together for three or four days..." event.  On the plus side, you get to see colleagues that you only see during these events...
Those are good if you actually get some free time to enjoy the sites...
Surprisingly they do.  The first day is a free day, every evening and the last couple of days are just half-days.  Plus the option if you want to extend it before or after and tack on some vacation...
That's awesome. And the beer probably started with a "hey, try this..."
That's kinda how it did start, then two years ago one of the VPs joined us and said we need to make it a yearly event...
That's a good tradition to have. Your friend should make a "high-voltage" brew and use cans that looked like the Jolt battery...
I thought great idea too, except his family business is beekeeping.  So since it's related to that, all of the names are bee related...
Hmm... The logo looks more like a hornet, they call themselves Watts with no relation to electricity, the family business is bees and yet none of their beers have anything to do with bees. And they're missing a prime opportunity...
Yes, I agree. Evan says mead probably some day, but not today...