Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, Suzie did pummel Calvin when he told her to look for someone else to take to the prom. And Rosalyn would have been around 43. Certainly not unplausible...
Suzie always had an imagination as wide as Calvin's.  How many times did she have tea parties and pretend that they were all in a big soap opera.  And Rosalyn having to deal with Calvin as a young boy just caused her brain to snap and the only job that she can successfully maintain now is continuing work as Calvin and Suzie's nanny...
I think we all figured Rosalyn snapped...
Oh yeah, she did.  But I'm surprised Calvin's parents didn't snap.  Though I am pretty certain that they encourage their grandkids as payback for that they went through...
I've been away for a bit and even longer from watching any news or consuming any recent current affairs and the first thing I see is that the government is now saying there are aliens...?
I knew it!  The government has known about extraterrestrials for years.  I mean come on, there was a movie that came out in 1982 about one.  And there were a few tv shows about some blue book.  Oh, I'll bet it's a conspiracy that some pr0n files were really aliens too...
I guess the government has reclassified UFO's as UAP's. Maybe it's because most of those flying objects are really just swamp gas. But the part I read that I find funny is how they found "non-human biological samples". Wow, non-human. That could be an amoeba or a red-tailed fox. Or maybe it was Sasquatch flying Elvis around in a hot-air balloon. Pictures or it never happened...
Ooooh tardigrades!!!  I had thought about searching for the little guys.  It turns out it's pretty easy to find them, they are pretty much everywhere...
I had no idea they were that abundant and just about everywhere. One thing I don't have is a microscope. I could really boost my "what is it" pictures and go from macro to micro...
When Caroline was cleaning out her grandparents house, there was a microscope that she gave to me.  While I haven't used it yet, I have planned to do some tardigrade hunting...
That'll be pretty neat when you find some. I had no idea you could pick up an old EM for that much. Although I don't have room to put that anywhere. Maybe I'll try my hand at breeding...
I was honestly surprised at how many EMs were on ebay and the starting bid (and occasional buy it now) prices.  I was thinking they would at least be in the tens of thousands, and while some are I never imagined they would be relatively accessible to pretty much anyone that really wanted one.
That was my exact thoughts as well - it's somewhat affordable if that's what you're really into. As for your strain of yeast, when they get all big and grown up they can move out and live here...
When I was brewing multiple times a month, I did have a rack of about ten yeast strains that were my preferred go to, including a couple that I cultured from some Belgian beers.  One of those Belgians is pretty rare and when I brewed a "clone" that was more of an "inspired by" and used their yeast, that recipe earned me a few ribbons.  All of those slants are long gone now, I don't brew enough to justify the work to keep active strains in my fridge...
Maybe you can rekindle that hobby in retirement. For a moment there, that picture looked like something out of a maple sugar shack. I think maybe I should start looking at making maple syrup - where I can make most of it as grade D or as the new rating system calls it; grade A Very Dark...