Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's almost universally given that you will bang your head to this song (the Lost in Vegas guys sure did)...
Yeah, I subscribed to them too...
I actually don't subscribe, I just save a bookmark link. Yup, I suck...
That's so funny, that's how I used to track pretty much everything like that, then I decided to weed through and clean up bookmarks one time and that was a ginormous chore.  Keeping all of those bookmarks went away quickly...
And they (Google) now have updated their terms of service to lock, delete or otherwise deny you the use of gmail, youtube, etc... if they deem you unprofitable. Fuck Google. Fuck Alphabet. I warned of this back in 2005...
Oh, I agree with you completely there, and I think you've been saying it longer than just the last few years...
What bothers me most is that there's a lot of cool tech out there that I'd love to have. Unfortunately the bulk of it requires it to be connected to the internet so it can monitor my behavior and then phone home with it...
Oh yes!  There is a lot I would love to have, but there really needs to be some line drawn between corporate greed and user need...
Or on the other spectrum - just because you can doesn't mean you should. Why are my gauges saying they're better played with nVidia...
Yeah, but... but... but... Technology needs to stay ahead of the curve....  Just accept the fact that our overseers know what's best for us...
What really grinds my gears are all of the damn sensors. I've never had an engine issue because the sensor detected it. Nope, I've had engine "issues" because the sensor went bad...
Don't get me started on the freaking sensors.  I hate those tire pressure sensors.  And the brake sensors...  Ugh!!!
I don't mind the TPS. At least on my car I can get actual pressure for each tire and I don't have to do anything special when switching from my summer to winter tires either. The winter tires don't even OEM sensors installed...
Some, yes, but where do you draw that line?
I wish car manufacturers would make a nice sports car that would be a hoot to bring to a track and rip through the gears... (yes, I'm aware the Miata fits that bill, but I'd rather have something more race bred that didn't cost more than a house)