Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Holy crap that's awesome, I'll be browsing these photos when I'm on my next call!!!  But I seriously do not remember the Inglenook looking like this (but that was  Huh  almost 30 years ago)!!!???!!!
The Inglenook has taken on many forms over the years. My next hike on the mountain, I'll see about stopping there and grabbing a picture. I think Jay Peak had bought that property and is repurposing it for something else. But I could have sworn the last time we drove up there (this past summer) there was an Inglenook Lodge sign and I made the comment "wait, did someone buy it and bring it back to life". Well, I don't think my memory is what it used to be...
I saw all of the links said that it was closed, and then I was sad.  A lot like how I felt when I heard that Gracie's had closed...
What makes me real sad is that a 1 day lift ticket to Stowe is $199. Living in the 90's doesn't seem so bad now...
Holy crap!!  $199 for a single day?  That's got to be on the weekend, right?  That's the worst day to ski when you spend more time in the lift line than you do hurtling down hill on waxed boards.  I just took a look at the mountain that I skied when I last went and their weekend single day is $84, though a Monday through Friday full day pass is just $50.
Yeah, that was the weekend rate, but a new trend I'm seeing now is some resorts are adding Friday to that weekend rate as well...
Does the property in VT have any moderately steep hills?
Nope, it's pretty stinking flat. There were two other properties I looked at that were on the sides of a mountains, but one I would have needed to build a bridge over a small river (estimated about $50,000) and the other was on a long unimproved road that didn't qualify for winter upkeep...
Maybe you just need to post a "Free fill wanted" sign and just build your own mountain...
That's a possibility, or I could dig down. But from driveway to parking lot, I could be skiing in 35 minutes...
Digging down, you better make sure you catch the last lift back to the top before they shut down for the night...
Almost like that time we got onto the chair lift 3 chair after the "last chair" was going up and if the attendant didn't see us we would have spent a cold night on the mountain...
Oh wow, I had completely forgotten about that one.  Yeah, that would have been a long long night...

ps - your pic just reminded me of the Subdivisions video...
I had to watch that video - what a great tune. And this is what stuck out the most for me...
Nice high score!  I'm still trying to design a nice workable two-person controller that includes both spinner and trakball.  At first I thought the spinner could just be mounted above the trakball, but I saw a handful of comments that some games, like golf games where you need to spin the trakball quickly forward and so putting a spinner above it is just an obstacle that your fingers crash into with those games.  I think the final decision was to put it above the P2 controls so you can still use the spinner with your right hand and P1 buttons with your left.  Then everything happened and I've been staying at Caroline's to help out with everything while she deals with the loss...