Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nope, I don't subscribe to the time traveler scenario.  While it's an easy explanation and is feasible, I think we would have had Mandela examples throughout history and it would just be a given that shit slides sideways every once in a while.  Do you honestly think someone would have arbitrarily selected the 90's to fuck with?  Personally, if I have a DeLorean, I'd be going back to check out the pyramids, or the dinosaurs, or any number of much cooler historical events...
I certainly do subscribe to the parallel universe theory a lot more than time travel - although, thinking about it, one might not be exclusive of the other. Once quantum computers are more mainstream then all possibilities will exist at the same time and the "Mandela Effect" will just be another label requiring no emotional reaction...
So imagine time jumping to an alternate universe and having to figure out where (and when) you actually are when you get there...
I watched a good documentary that discussed the meaning of "now" in the Universe and how our now is not the same as another part of the Universe's now. Completely screws with my monkey brain...
I'm not familiar with that theory but considering everything else that's just screwy with theoretical physics, time, space, and quantum theory it does not surprise me one bit...
Keeping with the "theme", another one I watched the other day proves that the neck lift is next to impossible to do no matter how strong you are. All because of physics...
The difference there is while Vader was strong, he was essentially almost infinitely strong with the force...
This past year has been great since I don't even have to "attend" meetings. As long as it shows "connected", I mute my headset and put it down on the desk and continue not participating in the call...
We switched to Teams a while ago and I found that one pretty quickly.  And occasionally it's fun to just shut someone up that talks incessantly...
Yup. Way cooler. And we've got one of those meeting hijackers who will just start talking about nothing non-stop for 30 minutes...
Ohhh those are the ones that get me...  Either they are a blithering idiot or actively trying to push things as far as possible.  When that happens someone needs to step in (if the one running the meeting doesn't) and tell them that's off topic, table that one and tell them to schedule a subsequent meeting if it's important.
With that particular person, there's no way to shut her down because she'll just go to the manager and bitch. I've already gotten written up once for telling her to shut up. So now I just feign network issues. Oh, hey guys, a tunnel is coming up and I might lose my connection...
It sounds like your manager needs some lessons from this guy...
Oh geez, I hate that agile methodology. I was forced into being the scrum master on our last PI. Luckily, I don't like meetings so I would just randomly cancel a meeting here and there. Meetings were done quick, 5 minutes for our stand up. You show up late, you don't get to participate. And I took a little over 2 weeks of PTO at the end of the PI where I canceled every meeting and sent out the e-mail saying I hated every minute of it. Some people were less than thrilled at my "enthusiasm"...
That sounds nothing like my most recent experience.  The last project that I was on (where I was "incarcerated" for two years+) started moving to agile last spring.  By mid summer they determined that it was going to be a company wide mandate and all projects were going to be agile.  Needless to say, they weren't ready and our consultants told their management that.  Their developers hated it while their PMs fully embraced it even though they had zero clue how to manage things.  Their PMs all justified their existence with meetings, and while I'm having to consult on multiple projects there my calendar filled up pretty completely and PMs were upset when there was just one of me and they had to fight all of the other PMs for my attendance...  When our contract came to an end at end of December, it felt good to be out of there. However, like the last few years, I'm waiting for the shoe to drop and them to tell us negotiations for this year are complete and we're starting back up.