Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is just a test since it's been a while...
I debated using a Macaulay Culkin with arms up running around gif.  That would have qualified for a real emergency...  But instead went with a dude that wears tinfoil hats....
Why does Hollywood have to portray every "hacker" as wearing a hoodie...?
Oh that's easy, it's the stereotype.  Anyone that watches and sees that visual just automatically fills in a lot of the blanks with regard to any character development that's lacking...
TV shows aren't meant to be used for higher thinking anyway, so that makes sense...
The original Star Trek and The Next Generation did occasionally require you to think.  The Twilight Zone and Outer Limits were a couple of others.  Granted, there is not much in the mind numbing entertainment of today's modern reality tv that's thought provoking.  Maybe we just need some good old fashioned TV shows back on the air....
I'm a bit tired of the scripted "reality" shows, the plethora of cop/fire/hospital dramas and the cringey sitcom comedies that are more crude than funny. I'd like to see something more like A-Team, Dukes of Hazards or even Greatest American Hero that are more silly than anything else...
Don't forget Fantasy Island with Khan, Buck Rogers (and Colonel Wilma Deering), Battlestar Galactica (and Athea and Serina, I couldn't choose so both were top of my list); or any of the shows from a decade earlier, like Hogan's Heroes, I Dream of Jeannie, Gilligan's Island, the Munsters....  But yeah, that crap they call reality tv is complete BS.  Someone was watching moonshiners (I had to pause and look up the name) and I sat there for about ten minutes.  I had to ask them how that could be "reality" if it's on tv.  The cops would know right away and they would have been busted in the middle of the first episode...  I hate reality crap so much that I tried to watch a spoof on it and couldn't make it through the first episode, even though it had amazing high reviews and even Alex Lifeson was in a couple of episodes.
Those are some other great picks. I would also accept That's Incredible and Real People. I'd also like to see some decent game shows again like Match Game or even Name That Tune...
Good selections as well.  And bring back Saturday morning cartoons!!!
I'm down for that. Even as an "adult" I still get upset when I turn on the TV Saturday morning and see news being broadcasted...
For the most part, TV isn't even an entertainment option anymore.  Occasionally at night when I'm in bed trying to go to sleep I'll find something mind numbing to get me there, but it isn't entertainment anymore like it was growing up...
I with you on that one as well. TV doesn't hold any real entertainment value like it used to. And for the nights I can't sleep, I go to my staple Netflix - Universe series and within 10 minutes my mind is numb trying to comprehend the vastness of space...
Hmmm, The Universe?  I might have to check into that one, it looks good.  There is another Netflix series that has another season coming up that is reminiscent of old school TV.  Even so far that it's set in the 80's...
Megan and I have been watching some retro Motorweek reviews on Youtube from the 80's. What a kick it is to see how much cars have improved since then...