Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll have to give those a try. You may not like the fruity beers, but this one was actually pretty good, especially because I thought it was going to be absolutely horrible...

(I tried looking for a Zup reference photo, but couldn't find a decent one)
Oh, don't get me wrong, some fruit beers are tasty.  Some of my favorite beers are fruit, like anything from Cantillion and then there is the Duchesse De Bourgogne that's on a whole other level.  Though those aren't for everyone's tastes, they're on the sour side, and if Cantillion ages for more than another year or so, it really starts to get funky, but in a really good "stinky cheese" kinda way...
I found one that had already been scanned in. I wonder which mountain we were headed to...
I love all of those old pics, when I get back home I am definitely going to dig mine out and scan some in...

And whoa, I found a very cool website...
We're at Exit 7 so definitely past Stratton and Bromley. I don't recall going to Sugarbush with him - wasn't that a trip we went with that person who said they were practically a professional and could barely ski the beginner trail? I have pictures of Jay Peak with us and he had the ski carrier on the back. I'm thinking this might have been the Sunday River trip (and my first time seeing the White Mountains up close)...
Sunday River was my second choice...
So many memories of the ski trips... so many memories lost from those ski trips. And just because they were sitting on a cookie sheet, the oven is no place to store them...
It really makes me wish we had a diary of each trip like we did in '94.

Well you know there are a few things that you shouldn't do when making rumballs.  The first is not excessively sampling the ingredients prior to measuring them out...
Same here. Without the diary, I try my best to remember the trips based on the few pictures we have and the rest my brain probably invents. So I have no idea how accurate my memories are now...
Somewhere in the back of my memories there is one of me going off of a cliff....
Now that you mention it, there was burnt popcorn - and you couldn't trust Tim to make anything. But then again, you shouldn't trust anyone to make anything decent after a lot of drinking. Oh, I think I found your vague memory buried in my collection of pictures...
Ooooh, nice find!  I figured that one (among probably lotsa others) would have been lost in the great basement flood that took out all of the old computer equipment...
Fortunately, I do have quite a few pictures that I should really figure out a way to get them digitized. Here's another European chef who could make some comedy gold...
I'm still in the mountains so no access to any of my pics at the moment.  To be honest, I have no idea how many of those older pics are still around and what condition they are in, but it's now on the roadmap to dig them out and check the status when I get back...
I think I'll make something to hold the pictures and use the camera to digitize them. Alton Brown is my favorite chef to watch because he does a decent job of giving the science of "why" you do something. All the shows I've watched, the grilled cheese is the only thing attempted...