Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've always had an aversion to the artificial raspberry flavor but I thought I would like fresh raspberries picked right off the bush - and nope, I just don't like the flavor. It's certainly not a texture thing because I like blackberries and that's a fruit with some off the chart texture. You probably can't see it to well, but most of the scrub bushes on top of Jay Peak are mostly wild blueberry. Every year when we hike it, we always make the final ascent our rest stop while we harvest the blueberries and there's an absolute ton of them...
Fresh wild blueberries in the middle of a hike is otherworldy amazing.  I may need to hike the H trail again one of these years...
I tried hitting satellite images of Monadnock to see if I could even remotely remember that trail or how we even got to it. And I've never seen a total eclipse, but I did experience it way more than I cared to back in the 80's...

(Don't click this if you know what's good for you)
I remember there was a landmark that we used to get there on subsequent years, but can't remember what that was.  But it was a left turn off the trail then a whole bunch of bushwhacking until we got to a small cliff then decided "hey, we need to climb that..."

It's a good thing we did, too...
It's funny how our memories work, because I remember it as the trail was going up, then there was a switchback and on the last turn left we decided to just go straight and bushwhack the path. I also remember going up and down and that one point where there was a clearing and nothing but rock walls around us thinking - hmm... we might be lost - but the blueberry bushes said we'd at least be lost and fed instead of just lost...
That shirt was awesome!  One memory of it was while getting ready to play D&D, I think you finished your character build and while waiting for everyone else kinda just closed your eyes.  Timmo was drunk and saw the skeleton glowing on your back and yelled out skeleton, I attack!  Then proceeded to mime stabbing it / you in the back...
That's a definitive yes! Another one I remember - might have been from the same hike, where we decided to free climb a wall and I remember you saying "don't climb right under me in case I slip and fall." Man those are some good times...
Speaking of D&D, have you watched the Legend of Vox Machina on Prime?  There is a somewhat famous YouTube channel called Critical Role where folks just stream their campaigns.  The Prime series has taken a couple of those and animated them.  It is totally a bunch of friends playing D&D.  The bard is a callous jerk that always wants to have sex with anything that walks, the gunslinger has a disturbed past that affects his character, the cleric is all good but has complete badass spells, and everyone is throwing f-bombs appropriately...  You should definitely look into it if you're looking for a fun series to watch...
Where do you find the time to watch 4+ hour long videos? I look at a video and if it's more than 20 minutes I have to think if I really want to watch it. My main video time is at lunch with the kids and we like to watch the most random and weirdest things...
Oh, no way I watch the tube of you vids.  I'm just familiar with what it is.  I'm like you, it's tough to get anything longer than 20 minutes in my play list, and usually if it is I end up breaking it into multiple sessions...
That was the first place I went to looking for those vids. I'll probably put them on the Plex server for later viewing...
I liked Plex a whole lot more when they allowed plugins.  Having the main ABC, CBS, NBC, etc... plugins and you could watch all of the shows commercial free without having to torrent anything...
I was bummed about that too with Plex. We used to watch CBS Price Is Right reruns. I also wish Plex made it easier to configure the system without needing to be connected to the internet. And oh man, that little animation really brought back some memories...
The labels that we used at the Blockbusters that I worked at had the label over the left window.  The right window should be empty and we didn't want to cover the movie title label that was on the spine of the tape...
Too bad you couldn't rewind them the same way you could a cassette tape. Hand the customer a pencil and make 'em sit in the corner rewinding their tapes manually. That'll give 'em time to reflect on their behavior...