Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh man that was the best find ever! Mapping the Atari was one of my favorite books.

I had one day where I had to yell out my window "Hey! My lawn is not your dog's toilet!" Asshole practically doubled-down and had to call them out on their bullshit again. Fucking douche-nozzle had the nerve to say "oh, she's just sniffing". Fuck you! I might have been born at night, just not last night. Why is it so hard to just say "sorry, won't let that happen again" and then move on with your life...?
Oh man that sucks.  That happened to me once when someone walking their little ankle biter little fucker shit in my yard.  I run out and tell her to pick that shit up and she just upped her nose at me and walked away.

I found out where she lived and delivered that shit right to her front mat.  I love to think that the brown shit blended in nicely with her brown mat and she didn't see it until it was too late and it got tracked into the house...
Oh that's too awesome. I tend to think of the more nuclear option of just burning their house down. I should get one of these and plant it in the front lawn. You have 10 seconds to comply...
I went looking for that old video from probably 20 years ago where someone built a motion activated water cannon that kept the cats out of his yard.  While I didn't find that, I did find this as a potential deterrent for your walk-by poopers.  Set the range properly and you'll get them to walk on the other side of the street...
I have a bunch of this stuff all over my back yard. Maybe this will make for some nice ground cover along the curb. They are very pretty and shiny looking leaves...
I second that decision, and you know it qualifies as a flowering perennial...
Every year for the past 15 years I manage to get poison ivy at least twice. And each year the reaction is less and less. Last summer when a big tree limb came down it was fully wrapped in it. I was in there cutting up the branches with t-shirts and shorts. I got about 5 little bumps total with no other symptoms. This season I'm hoping to not get any symptoms...
Man, I used to never get poison ivy, but as of a couple of years ago I get it when I need to work around and clear it out.  But at least when I do get it, it sounds like yours, just a handful of bumps that last for a couple of days then go away on their own.
My first bout with poison ivy I had to go the doctor. I was wearing full length sleeved shirts in the middle of summer. My arms looked like fresh ground hamburger. The pain was practically unbearable. Now, the wife will look over and say, "did you get poison ivy?" and I'm like, I guess so. I didn't even notice it. Then she asks "does it itch?" Of course it doesn't. I didn't even know I had it until you pointed it out...
My first known interaction with the stuff was when we were at Uncle Alby's property in Ellington and I was real young but we were cutting undergrowth and brush, pulling it all out and onto a pile so it could be burned.  My cousin yelled at me for tossing the ivy onto the pile, I didn't know what it was, no one ever said anything about not grabbing that stuff.  So it turns out Butch is highly allergic and my dad and I are/were not at all so it never bothered me.

And speaking of solar, what are your plans for the first week in April?
I'll be heading up north for the solar event. I picked out an area that's super quiet and about 6 miles from the in-laws place. I have my 16.5 stop filter (ND 100000) for the camera and a bunch of those solar sun glasses on order. I'm hoping it'll be a nice blue bird kind of day. About 2 years ago, I was mentioning going to the top of Jay Peak, but hell no. They've been hyping up the event so much that even if the mountain is open for skiers, skiers will not be allowed onto the tram that day. That's bullshit if you ask me. Plus it'll be super crowded and I don't have patience for people (especially the bunch coming in from Quebec - it's like they manage to get more and more rude every year).

Every time I hear about small or micro nuclear reactors I get a little excited thinking that I could get one and just bury it in my backyard and not have to worry about it for the next 20+ years. But each time it's just for industrial use only. Jerks...
Nice, I was reading that even if you have puffy clouds, the eclipse will burn them off just from the temp drop.  That makes sense since that one that I saw a few years ago it did exactly that, a few clouds and by the time it started everything was clear and I got some good pics.

Maybe you just need your own town and can then install a micro reactor...
Oh that's good to know. Still hoping for blue skies but knowing that a few puffy clouds won't be a big deal is kind of a relief. How about you? Going to be traveling anywhere near the event...?
I had originally planned to make it up north but that doesn't look like it'll happen.  So most likely I'll be seeing an 80% partial.  The article that I was remembering was this one, and so it's hopeful that even if you have a few clouds, it'll be clear by the time it starts...
Well, at the current rate of events I don't know if I'll be getting either my filter or my glasses. I've ordered them over a month ago and the store has been jerking me around. I've got a second filter on order from another site. The site says it ships from a warehouse in the US only to get my tracking number and find it's in mainland China. The glasses I managed to get the other store to ship them out and they said I'd have them today, but tracking only shows "label printed". It's when simple things go bad it drives me nuts...