Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh yeah, you're right.  It was a triple-dog-dare.  I'll just watch it again and laugh my ass off...
Just a few more months before it'll be "acceptable" to watch that movie. I heard that Costco has already started putting out Christmas decorations. The monsters...
The answer to "why I had to leave retail..."  At Sam Goody we started getting Christmas stuff in August so I told Tina that I wasn't going to spend another season there, that I was officially looking for something else and that was my "notice."  I found the job at Otis Elevator within a week or two, and then the job at SRC that next January.
The other thing that I hate about retail is that there seems to be a "Black Friday" event every few weeks. Marketing sucks...
Oh yeah, there is so much wrong with retail, especially around Christmas and the mandatory 6 day weeks until the last few then it goes to 7 day weeks.  But worse than that are the people with attitudes that just make everything miserable.  Occasionally one would come in that was a joy to help out, but 99.999% of them are all fuck-tards...
People are getting worse exponentially every year. I think it's that no one is ever held accountable for their actions, coupled with all those kids growing up with parents who never told them "no" are adults now.

But I did stop by Yankee Candle on my way back from Vermont back in June and the only part I wanted to check out was the Bavarian Village...
Oooh, that Bavarian village that snows every 15 minutes was always a highlight whenever I had to go there.  There is a butterfly place a few miles north of Yankee Candle that was a fun visit as well.

And yes, in general, people suck.
I've yet to check out the butterfly place - I should go at least one time and take some photos...
Put it on the list, and with your photography skills I'm sure you're going to get some amazing pics...
Ya know, I thought I liked the cut of fresh grass because everyone everywhere always said that was the best smell and I just figured I had to like it as well until that one year when the weeds and wild flowers took over my yard and I mowed over them, I realized at that point I hate the smell of cut grass. Now the smell of freshly mowed wild flowers and weeds, that's a fantastic smell and I now I get pissed when I see new clumps of grass growing in my yard...
Hmmmm, I'm not sure I agree with the weeds thing.  Most of the weeds that come up in the yard don't have much of a smell, except for the wild onion.  And that I know is one that you don't like...
The wife planted a garden and grew scallions or onions or whatever - needless to say the garden failed miserably, but those fucking onions took me 5 years of mowing over them before they finally got the hint that they weren't wanted...
Did you ever plant the tomatoes this year?
I didn't manage to get a garden growing. My daughter tried and she got a bunch of various hot peppers, a few peas (I know your stance on those) and watermelons that started growing big and then got diseased. Next year we have a plan...
15 degrees - I wish it were like that here.  It's still mid to upper 80s this week and back into the 90s next week...