Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Far Side is another one we always fall back to...
And Noah didn't get it right the first time either...
Poor Noah, always the butt end of jokes...
Whoa whoa whoa. Wait, I'm meant hey hey hey...
Sometimes learning on Saturdays wasn't so bad...
You bet I was singing those songs in my head. But guess what, I actually have the School House Rock Rocks! CD and it those songs do make it into my normal rotation...
Holy crap.  It's Tuesday and I learned something new.  Schoolhouse Rock started in 1973 and there are 64 episodes...
That one was my favorite too because it had trains in it...
Trains, I love trains too.  The last house I lived in was across the street from the tracks and I would love watching them go by.  And occasionally they would work on the tracks, replacing ties and such.  On multiple occasions, the circus train would pass.  And often times, trains loaded with Army equipment, tanks, vehicles, and such.  It was pretty cool.
Oh man, that's definitely cool. The best I had was the small track yard down the street from the house. Occasionally I would see them do the push and release on a boxcar to send it down the tracks while they switched to a different yard to pick up a line of cars.

he past couple of days I've been watching this guy's videos. The weathering on the cars and scenery for model trains is amazing. I've seen some where at first glance you'd never know it was a model train...
I've seen some models that look like they took the real thing and just shrunk it down.  Yeah, some people have crazy talent...
I like the tilt-shift effect. My camera has an option for it. Actually, here's a model I built a few years ago. Naww... just kidding, it's a picture of The Balsams taken from Table Rock...

Here's a little something else I did with the camera: Tilt
Ooooh, that's cool.  The Balsams, huh?  Did you stay there?  I'll bet you ran into Buffy and Biff, and Buffy still hasn't seen a real man yet....
Naw, the Balsams is a short drive from the in-laws. But when we go and hike Jay Peak, every time I pass by the Inglenook Lodge I think back to our awesome Diamond Tour '94. Next time I pass by it, I'll have to stop and take a proper picture of the place...
And each time you drive by it, Nancy probably rolls her eyes and mutters "this story again..."   Big Grin