Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if an electric dragster could be considered "top-fuel". I was thinking either they're outfitted with a speaker system that can blow out windows or the drag strip venue has the sound system so people still need to bring their hearing protection (but I like the audience judging participation aspect)...
Ok, maybe "top-fuel" isn't the right terminology.  Would you accept "top-amp" in lieu of?
Ooo.. Top-Amp dragsters. You need to trademark that one...
I was kinda rolling a few around in my head.  Other than top-amp, I had max-amp, extreme-amp, or even xtrme-amp, and a few others that I have already forgotten.  Top-amp kinda won out since it's pretty much like what they use today...
Looks like they (NEDRA - although, I wish they figured out a better name so they could use the acronym NERDS) might be calling them Top EV Dragsters. They already had one break the 200 MPH barrier...
Seriously??!!!  I think I might just trademark "top-amp" and sell it to them.  When you said they're calling them "Top EV" the first thing that came to mind is George Carlin's Football vs Baseball skit...

Next thing you know we'll be seeing diesel generators being transported around to recharge those Top EV Dragsters at the starting line...
You're not too far off with the diesel generator. What do you think is inside that box...
I know, it's funny that there is an entire segment of our population that believes their EV is reducing our use of fossil fuels.  I don't think everyone thinks that, but I have talked to some that are complete idiots and have no clue though.  EVs are just a false hope, fusion is the real answer...
We need a Mr. Fusion for all our cars - but be careful if you hit 88mph. Some people are well meaning and have very good intentions however, they can be absolute morons. What's some southern sayings for that? Aww sweety, bless your heart. I'd be curious to wonder if they know how the sun works...
Ooooh, I like relating fusion to solar, I might just start doing that now.  Maybe it should be called "real solar" energy.  On second thought, what about "star power" instead...  There's a part that I've been waiting for at O'Reilley Auto Parts, but I'm sure I'll be waiting for a long time before they get anymore in stock.  Go to their web site and search for part number 121g... (or click the link here since you probably already know what I'm linking...)
Oh that was too funny. I completely forgot they had one of those up on their website. I like that term "star power". It reminded me of several quotes from Carl Sagan, but this one I think is most fitting:

Quote:"Plants harvest sunlight. Inverting solar into chemical energy. We and the other animals are parasites on the plants. So we are, all of us, solar-powered."
 - Carl Sagan
Ok, so do I trademark that one too?  I'm not sure that would be possible, Guitar Hero might take offense...
I didn't see Guitar Hero trademark the phrase, but I'd be more concerned with K-Tel...
Holy crap, I had that record.  It's probably still at my parents house.  And today, I just realized that Columbia House made it at least into the CD era...
I was today years old when I learned Columbia House is still around...