Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow!!!  I've seen their bikes but nothing that looked like a street racer.  They have always been touring bikes, and everyone that I have talked to just loves 'em.  Neil Peart always rode a BMW between gigs when they were on the road...

Freaking go for it!
The amount of technology they put into that bike is astounding. It'd be like going from the MR2 to the Mercedes. It's like who's driving this thing? Me or it? But that Beemer looks like it would be a lot of fun. Did you get the luxury package that has one of these installed...?
Oh yes, that I can believe.  There is so much technology going into vehicles lately it's getting harder and harder to do the work yourself.  What really opened my eyes was hitting the Ferrari museum.  Their street cars are basically an F1 from about three to five years ago with a new skin...
The first thing about driving an Italian sports car, you don't care what's behind you...
You don't have to go all the way to Vegas to drive a go-cart...
I've already been doing the go-kart racing and would like to drive a much bigger and more powerful go-kart now...
The go-cart racing today is a bit different than the little ones that used to be at golf land in Vernon...
Oh, I know... the place I race at have karts that can reach 40mph. I've slammed broadside into the boards a few times when powering through a corner and I felt it the next day. But for some reason, I don't think that dealership is going to let me take one out for a spin. Also, how is it that they have so many used ones for sale? And who would pay over MSRP for a used McLaren...?

(yeah, it's somewhat rhetorical - the answer is the stupid rich)
I am assuming that after the engine break in period, the value might go up?  I mean we have sections of highway here with 70 mph limits...
I've been watching VinWiki stories and the common theme is that the high-end exotic sports car are incredibly fragile and break down more often than one would expect for such an expensive piece of machinery. Maybe they try selling them higher than MSRP after the first service to try and recoup some of their losses...
I'm not familiar with that series.  I guess if you're one of the stupid rich you can afford the maintenance...
I'm similar in that I keep looking for either an affordable MR2 or a Lotus Exige...

(relevant commercial as to how most people afford those expensive cars: here)
On one side that seems like a reasonable dream.  And something that you can keep in the garage...
I know people like their boats, but I never truly understood the appeal. It's like if air balloons were a thing where people would just float around up in the skies all day. The worry of constantly crashing would always be lingering. But you'd think mine was a reasonable dream. With the Exige going for twice the cost when they were first produced to this...
I can tell you it's a strange appeal.  Something to do with just being on the water is relaxing.  Caroline picked up a little pontoon boat and it's fun to just put in and cruise around for a few hours...

But holy crap on the Mr 2!  That's more than what you paid for it new.  What ever happened to depreciation...