Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Awesome!  That reminds me of the time I visited Maranello and saw a bunch of rental places.  It turns out they have an "agreement" with the local police to not pull anyone over unless the driver is doing something really stupid and illegal.

I assumed I would be working for that company for many years and have an opportunity at a later time to rent one and take it for a spin.  Damn, that was a missed opportunity....
I've never even been close to an opportunity like that. Here's a nice photo I took when I was in Indianapolis for an F1 race...
I just watched the 24 Hour War documentary on Netflix that was all about the rivalry between Ford and Ferrari in the 60's.  It was really cool since some of the footage about Ferrari was stuff that I've seen when touring the factory and museum over there...
I should go visit a car museum like that. And this is the closest I'll get to racing an F1 car (besides video games)...
(Damn, I didn't notice that my last pic was cropped, maybe I just need to add all four pics, but in reality, unless you are up close, there isn't much of a difference between the cars other than the paint scheme...)

But if F1 is a dream, you should look at this page...
(right click - view image from yours and I got to see all of them - very nice) That F1 class is most definitely out of my price range because if you have to ask, you can't afford it...
One of my biggest regrets is not knowing what was right next to the office when I was working in Italy.  And worse still, the bus stop was right out in front of the place.  I walked that every day for months that year, not knowing.  It's not like there are signs or anything, and like you it kinda fell off my radar until some time after I left that company and it popped back up and I found out they were built in Modena.  I wonder where...  My heart sank and my stomach dropped when I saw where....
Oh man, that has to be absolutely crushing. So I hope this picture will help cheer you up a little...
Thanks man, that does cheer me up.  I knew I could count on you, there's not much sympathy elsewhere...
Not much to unwrap with that present. What's great is that there's only a few select people that understand the context of this...
Hmmm, now that is one adventure that I will never forget.  Starting with the task "chore" of doing the "research" and finding someone, to the actual "arrest and conviction,"  it's burned into my memory.  Forever.
That's a fine selection of candies. I remember stopping at CVS across from the Parkade cinema and stocking up on them before a movie. You always had to find some creative ways to smuggle them in (especially in the summer)...
Oh, it's even worse now.  Concession prices are every bit as much as the cost of the movie (and movie prices aren't cheap anymore either).  But the theater that I treat myself at least once a year has a craft beer concession stand.  The only downside is if the movie is much longer than an hour and a half / two hours, I opt out of the beer.  I hate skipping out to hit the head toward the end of a movie, and it's not like I can pause it...
I've stopped going to the movies a long time ago. Between the price and the obnoxious inconsiderate asshats that can't stay off their phone for more than 5 minutes just ruin the experience. Oh, I heard this particular beverage pairs nicely with Whoppers...
I am not much of a fan of fruited beer unless the fruit was subdued enough to let the beer show through.  What's sad is when the brewer jacks up the fruit so much that your first impression is Kool-Aid.  But coconut and toasted coconut porters and stouts are tasty, and most chocolate porters and stouts are as well.  If you're interested in trying a beer that reminds you of a chocolate milk shake, look for Sam Smith's Organic Chocolate stout.  If that's too chocolaty look for Young's Double Chocolate stout, but find that one in the can instead of the bottle, there's a huge difference.

I'll bet Zup hates coconut porter...