Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I completely agree with you on physical format vs digital.  It's why I still buy books, and CDs instead of downloading.  But the newspapers here don't carry the right comics, and the sports section is 80% high school football and the other 20% is college and pro football.  And the sports section makes up the bulk of the paper.  Mom and dad still get the paper and I do miss it, but I could care less about high school sports...
At least our paper actually reports meaningful things like next town meeting, budgets, cool events happening around the area like The Farmer's Cow limited root-beer milk...
Our town mails a newsletter every month that does the same thing, so that resolves the problem with anyone that doesn't get a newspaper.  You can also sign up for Blackboard Connect that sends out emails and robo-calls for really important notifications.

I always have to laugh about how some sayings actually mean something different than what they really intended...
INCONCEIVABLE!

(and you read that in his voice and with speech impediment)
Ha ha!!  Yes I did!!!  It's funny how we can be so ingrained with voices that we hear them when we see certain pics...

[attachment=6436]
I know exactly what you mean...
And this mod made those beepbeepbeeps a whole lot faster...
Something about happy faces...
Happy Days...
That's almost a little cringe-worthy...
I was wandering around the riverwalk in Milwaukee one time and saw that.  He's standing on a pedestal and is still a lot shorter than I am.  At least now there is an entire cultural reference that'll keep the show alive...
The Simpson's usually predict the future instead of re-living the past, right...?
In that case, I believe Homer has correctly predicted my future after work ends today...

ps - I'll bet you heard the Woo-hoo in his voice too...
Big Grin Yup...
While searching for my next favorite Homer quote, I think I found my next bottle opener...