Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The only time I am watching YouTube lately is while laying in bed getting sleepy so I can just doze off.  I really wouldn't want something to capture my attention during that time, and I don't think it's possible to change the playback speed on the Roku app...
Yeah, the Roku app doesn't give the speed option. I do what you do as well. I have a tablet and use the browser to watch videos. Sometimes it takes me a 3-4 days to watch a 20 minute video...
Now I try to at least watch a full episode in one sitting, but in doing that it takes me a couple of weeks between episodes of the Expanse when I think I'll have enough time to watch the full episode before I am too tired to continue...
There's times when the next night I go to resume watching a video and fast forward only to find that I didn't even make it past 2 minutes in...
Oh yeah, I know the feeling.  You think you are going to watch something, then wonder the next night why the next episode is queued up and you remember zero of the previous episode based on the plot summary...
I watch a lot of the PBS Space Time series. Honestly, I don't remember most of them so when they show up again on the playlist it feels like watching a new episode. The only series I do remember staying up for all episodes was Burn Notice...
There are a handful of YouTube channels that are good for the "I have about ten minutes before it's lights out..." level of exhaustion.  Lock Picking Lawyer is one of those, and bonus, he's kinda like the Bob Ross of lock picking...
Lock picking lawyer is one of our plays during the lunch hour of watching silly videos. Others we have are Robot Wars, Tom Scott, Price Is Right (Barker era), 3D Bot Maker, rally races, and anything blowing up and getting destroyed...
LPL's Valentine's videos are the best...
Oh man, the first time I saw one of his Valentine specials I just about lost it. His latest one was especially funny...
Did you see the one where he put his wife's Ben & Jerry's in an ice cream lock?  She quickly circumvented that and consumed it anyway.  Never get between someone and their Ben & Jerry's...
I've always liked Ben & Jerry's. This concept one would have made for a cool addition to their flavors - too bad it's coffee...
I've always liked Ben & Jerry's too, and it's usually the go to brand that I always buy.  But just the other night I was craving some ice cream on my way home and stopped at Whole Foods.  A pint there is almost $8!!!  Ok, I'll try the store brand since I've been happy with other products of theirs.   Never again will I make that mistake again.  It was horrible.  While the flavor was good, it just didn't have as much addins and the ice cream was just kind of icy and thin, it was nothing even close to a premium ice cream and did nothing to fix the craving...
If you're ever up north in Quebec, I'd highly recommend stopping in Coaticook for some ice cream. Think of the best ice cream you've ever had and this stuff will put it to shame, it's that good. We stop at the factory even in the winter to get some. And no matter whenever we go, there's always a line...
I'll bet, small batch anything is usually better than any mass produced product.  But when I was still in scouts we did a trip to Squam Lake in NH and after the last day of technical rock climbing we went to this ice cream place that sold the dish and you just went to the ice cream bar to get whatever would fit in that dish.  The toppings bar had to be 20' long.  As a 16 year old, it was just like ice cream heaven.  You know the place lost money with all of us in there on that day...