Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I honestly could have used a set this past summer.  Caroline had a lock box attached to her fence that she needed to get off and completely forgot what the code was.  I ended up making a hook from a piece of coke can and decoded it with that...
The great thing about lock picking is that you always have more than one option...
Hey, that looks like the bolt cutters that I have.  Angle grinders are another option that work pretty well also...
I probably never had real wasabi. But when I see $55 for a sampler, I think I'm OK without having real wasabi. And angle grinders scare the crap out of me (and I own two of them)...
I've never had real wasabi either, that's why I want to try it...
I looked into what it would take to grow some indoors and I got conflicting information. I guess it'd be a matter of just getting some seeds to plant and keeping an eye on the moisture and soil pH. I figure a DIY mini plastic tote greenhouse in my basement might work...
Sure, it could work.  I have heard that it's kinda like truffles, pretty difficult to grow yourself and only fairly recently cultivated.  It's one of those that's just harvested from the wild and that's why its so expensive...

But changing the topic back a couple, did you know that the "can it run Doom" now includes running Doom inside of Doom?
So you're saying there's a chance. Growing the wild variety would be preferred. I've seen what cultivating and selected propagation has done to the strawberry. I have some wild strawberry seeds I'm waiting to plant. Foraging the fruit last year, the largest one I found was about 3/8" big but packed more flavor than your typical farm grown variety...
Oh absolutely!  You are so spot on with that assessment.  I have always thought that domesticated fruit is really just the same amount of flavor that's in a wild fruit but comes in a bigger package.  That means overall it's less concentration and so less flavor that hits you.  Wild vs domestic blueberries are another perfect example.  And I know you can imagine what it's like to just wander around in the woods for a while and then surprise chance upon a wild blueberry bush that is just so full of blueberries it looks blue and not green...
When I go up north in the summer and hike the Long Trail on Jay Peak, right before the summit rock outcropping the entire edge of the trail is covered with wild blueberries. At least they are until we get there...
I can remember one time hiking in Acadia in August and running into some wild blueberry bushes that people would just walk on by.  And comments from some hikers to say not to eat those, they're poisonous...
I figured if anything, you don't eat them because you don't need to and they should be reserved exclusively for the native wildlife, but damn, people dumb...
Speaking of animals...
True, electrics are notoriously quiet, but sound systems and speakers have the same ability to make your internal organs shake...
How would that work on a top fuel dragster?  So you want a honking big subwoofer and midrange but don't want the weight that goes with it.  So do you have an allocation for minimum audio component so everyone is handicapped the same?  Then as you figure out ways to increase the audio performance, you can include audience judging as a supplemental score that could give you the edge?