Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That document just keeps giving and giving. But I'm glad that the wood paneling trend didn't stick around for too long. And the 70's did make this an iconic brand...

Quote:    Back to the room:  more wood paneling...  this is good, so far.  Turn the
        heat down.  wait... clothes hafta dry out 'cause of the snow.  Turn
        heat back on.  Gotta eat dinner at the other end of the Motel.  Get
        there quick before everyone goes home.  Menu:  German.  Schnitzel
        Cordon Bleu. rolls / bread, salad, potatoes and peas.  Ok, Osh.  You
        don't hafta eat yer peas.  Prett good meal.  <German voice on>  Them
        Schnitzel's is good... no?  <German voice off>    Oh no, here she comes
        again, spunky old thing she is.  <German voice on>  You don't have
        Schnitzel like that in Connecticut, do you.  <German voice off>
Hey hey hey, there's nothing wrong with wood paneling...  My den has wood paneling, a fireplace, big leather furniture, and a kegerator.  That's where the stereo is and I prefer to watch my Star Wars movies in there too.  I'm even thinking about mounting a track up close to the ceiling so while I'm relaxing, the train can go around and around.
Done right, one small room with wood paneling might be alright. But I still stand behind my opinion. And around that time in the 70's I was still pretty young where the robot and space ships were more appealing...
This room is done right.  The previous owners had a lot of higher end upgrades, like linen wallpaper and real wood (stained) crown molding in the house.  The paneling is real wood paneling, not the cheap stuff from the 70's...
Wood floors, possibly some wood plank ceilings and some nice wood trim and molding is a good balance - sometimes too much of a good thing can have the opposite effect...
This room qualifies as that good balance.  I think it would be overboard if it had hardwood floors.  But the quality paneling is obviously not 70's and makes you feel like you're in some old dude's study and you're expecting a shelf full of books and an occasional dead animal head on the wall...
Wait, you don't have a dead animal head on your wall? Then it's not complete. I mean, even just some antlers would be suffice - but definitely not a stuffed fish...
Nope, I'm not taking that bait.  But I do have one animal that will be mounted soon on a nice stained piece of maple, with the keys.  The car was destroyed when the neighbor's tree broke off at the top and landed on it.  So I saved that hood ornament and the the keys.  That car was a sweet ride...
Oooo, that's gonna look real nice. There's something about hood ornaments, like this one I photographed that won me either a 1st or 2nd place ribbon...
I can see why you took a ribbon with that, the lighting is amazing!
Thanks. Cloudy days generally give you the best lighting almost all day while the sunny days are generally good during those golden hours right at dawn and dusk...
Holy crap, I just saw a video of a home brew 2600 game that I never thought was possible....
Impressive port. But a 32k RAM cartridge and onboard CPU to handle the heavy lifting is all well and good, but is it really a 2600 game or a PC ported game that uses a 2600 as a monitor and joystick handler...?
Tomato / tomahto...  It's still a cart that plugs into a 2600 and plays Galaga!!!
I'm pretty sure I was never at any of the Depot picnics...