Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Playing the market is something that I could never do.  Just staying on top of everything is more commitment than I am willing to give.  Caroline mentioned that it's something she wants to try though.  She's thinking about jumping in with $500 or so to start and see how she does.
I've had mediocre luck. It's frustrating because it's mostly idiots that manipulate the market. A prime example; a stock I held was in the logistics industry and for arguments sake has the ticker symbol BIR. The stock is doing well and I'm collecting about 10% every quarter in dividends. Meanwhile, over in another country, a bank scandal goes down and this bank has the initials BIR. Well, wouldn't you know, the stock I'm holding tanks and never recovers because people only read headlines and not the god damn article. My usual playbook I use is to find stocks that pay a decent dividend, cost around $5 (+/- $2) and show their 6 month trend is slightly increasing. Once I make 10% of my initial investment, I sell. Although, I'm sitting on one right now that I took a chance on with an IPO on day one and haven't sold as I'm up 85%. I'm shooting for the 100% to double my money. We'll see if it happens...
Oooh, nice!  Good luck, that would be awesome!!!  One question, who do you use to broker your transactions?

(Edit -- If you do plan to make the cocoa, add a little milk to the mix in your mug then stir the shit out of it until the mix is fully dissolved, then add the rest of the milk then microwave.  I always leave the mug a little low so it doesn't boil over, then top it off with cold milk to cool it off a bit before adding the marshmallows.)
I had a Scottrade account but that's since been bought out by TD Ameritrade. As long as I can buy and sell without hassle I don't really care who I go with. The one benefit is that Scottrade had a $7 transaction fee when buying/selling but now there's no fee.

And Nancy had made those cocoa bombs that were crazy indulgent...
Wow, those cocoa bombs look pretty amazing...
I think your next kitchen remodel will need to start with a new stove then...
Kitchen remodel?  You're still limited to the space in the current kitchen without doing some serious renovation.  I'm currently leaning towards a 10'x20' outbuilding next to the garage, and drilling a new well next to it...
That sounds like a permanent situation. I'm thinking you'd need something a little more mobile...
Hmmm, that's an interesting concept.  A mobile brewery with releases named after the location they were brewed at.  Peoria Pale Ale, Baton Rouge Barley Wine, Brooklyn Blonde Ale...
You could totally do it and it'd probably be the most amazing beer around the country. Some more additions to your menu could include Walla Walla Weissbier and the Albuquerque Left Turn Lager...
So a Salt Lake City Stout that could challenge 4.2% Guinness could be on the menu too...
You're going to need a beer sommelier...
Why stop there?  Set your goals a little higher...
My goals is just to make it to retirement now. Plus I just want to get paid to drink beer and not deal with people...
So traveling the US, brewing, drinking, and pouring isn't an option?