Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And all of this talk about all of those reminders, I was reminded of a place that I think we skied a couple of times...
That was a lot of fun. Was that the one with a Belgian Waffle and Ice Cream hut in the middle of the mountain? You remember skiing this trail...?
Oh yes, wasn't that to the left off of the lift?  The place where you had to sneak in but was well known by the locals...
Remember, it's a long walk back...
The first time we saw those "long walk back" signs at Jay on our Diamond Tour, we laughed and giggled like little school girls.  I still chuckle every time I think about it...
For the past many years when we head up north in the summer we hike the back-side of the mountain. It's funny to see those "Ski Boundary" signs - 8 feet in the air. One year I did some spring skiing at Wildcat which is about as close to fulfilling the Tuckerman run in the background...
That couldn't have been much of a spring day...
It's OK if there's a pool you can take a dip in to cool off...
I'm Warren Miller and I approve of this activity...
You said the title of the picture in his voice (and giggled a little bit when you did)...
Why yes, yes I did.  And I did with your pic as well.  And as always with the quote: "And get out to Jay Peak this year, because if you don't you'll be one year older when you do..."
One of the best yards sales started with going down a trail much like this one...
Yeah, but wasn't that the trail closed sign that didn't have any ropes and was easy to miss?
Oh, we most definitely ducked under the ropes for that yard sale. That upper half was awesome. It was the lower half that had a good 2" thick layer of ice crud on top of powder that really affected our control. The one you're thinking of was Suicide Six with just a little tiny wooden sign in the middle that said "Closed". Still don't know why it was closed, it was absolutely pristine skiing...
Oh, I think we both know why that trail at Suicide Six was closed.  And yes, it was awesome, especially the stopping halfway down and wondering "hey, was that a trail closed sign that we blew passed..."