Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh man, that would be awesome to have one of the original models, or a stormtrooper suit from the original movie...
Growing up in the era we did with movies only costing $.50 for a Saturday matinee I was one of those kids at school having competitions as to how many times they saw Star Wars. Now I don't have any ink on me, but if I was to get some, it'd be this...
My count was no where near the others that saw the movie tons of times, I think I only saw it seven times during the first run.  (When it was still just called Star Wars.)  The only Episode IV A New Hope thing was just in the text scroll at the front of the movie...
A long time ago in a galaxy before streaming, I used to get the DVDs from Netflix. I managed to rent A New Hope before Lucas got his grubby mitts all over it and boogered it up. Of course I had to make a backup copy of that...
Ooooohhhh, now that pic would certainly push some buttons.  Not mine, unfortunately...
Some people trigger to easily too...
Holy crap I thought for sure the tapes would be worth something.  So much for trying to collect something that would provide for my retirement...
Most people's collectables they think are treasures are usually just good enough for that yard sale - maybe there's a gem in there that was originally $.25 that'll sell for $35 - good enough for a decent lunch or a pizza dinner. Now if you happen to find one of these ugly ass things laying around the house, you might be able to retire on that $33 million...
Then again, there are some things that a dollar value can't be applied.  What if I pulled a box out of storage and found some remnants of an old muddy t-shirt...
I've still got my ripped, muddy (and possibly blood stained) t-shirt too...
Yeah, I've got a couple of boxes of stuff in the attic.  It's stuff that I can't bring myself to toss, even though I've never even looked at it for years (most likely haven't bothered it since the last time I moved...)
I've got a few boxes and crates in the basement with some things just like that that I haven't looked at in at least a decade, but won't bring myself to get rid of them...
What a sad ending. It should have been with Calvin as an old man in a delirious state, finds his stuffed tiger and a little red wagon right next to him and they take one last ride down Dismemberment Gorge...
Now your ending would have been worthy as well.  At the very least you know he and Suzie were gonna hook up.  And Rosalyn is probably still babysitting their kids too...