Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have mixed feelings about the LED Christmas lights.  They're great for energy consumption but just don't have the warmth that the old incandescent bulbs have.  The colors are too "pure".   But to use them to populate a room with LEDs is a pretty efficient way to do it...
I totally agree with that. Until push comes to shove, I don't think I'll ever put LED lights on a Christmas tree for the exact same reasons you pointed out. But to be strung up behind/under my desk - totally worth it...
I think this is the first year my parents put up a pre-strung Christmas tree.  Before this they always had the old school incandescent C7 bulbs, not even the mini lights...
Ah, the good ol' C7 bulbs where you had to be careful no exposed skin touched them...
Oh yes, c7's would burn flesh after a short time, but it's nothing like what a c9 would do.  We always hung those up outside around the house and in the bushes in the front yard.  When dad put in the light pole in the front, he put in a receptacle so he could easily add lights at Christmas...
I've dug one trench to run power out to the pond and I have an outlet there. I had the intentions of putting in a light pole by the driveway but I was digging too many trenches for lighting the retaining wall and burying the porch downspout that I got to the point that this is crap work and I don't really need a light pole...
Dude, you just need to suck it up, step up your game, and put in a light pole...
I can see the south has made you soft. When was the last time you went digging up north? Ever see those movies where someone digs a 4' x 7' x 6' deep grave in a few hours? They sure as shit weren't doing that in the northeast. Fucking rocks every 4 inches - and the joy of hiring a mini excavator to remove the 1/2 ton boulder. The next trench/hole I dig will be my last...
Oh, I was only inferring that you put the post in the ground with a light on top and deliver electricity with a Tesla coil.

Oh, and here is your Highway to Hell...
Or just go full crazy and finish Tesla's idea...
At least I wont have to worry about looking funny...
I'm sure Tesla studied static electricity. I read a little of his bio and he was a bit of a nut job. Smart, but way over the limit of esoteric..
Oh yeah, Tesla was a nut job to the extreme, but he was a smart nut job.  The dude was too nice and wanted so much good for humanity and gave everything away, unlike his contemporary Edison that stole everything and was just a basic dirt bag...
If the multi-universe theory is true and there are an infinite number of them then man we got one of the short ends of the sticks and I think we've had enough of this timeline...
Growing up the lawnmowers didn't have those safety bars that you have to squeeze to keep it running.  So the only way to shut it down was to touch a strip of metal that was grounded to the chassis to the plug.  There was a pointy part on that strip that would pierce through the spark plug boot and basically ground the plug so it no longer sparked.  Do it right most of the time and it's all cool.  Do it wrong and you ground the plug yourself and get whacked with a handful of volts.  The first time I did it wrong dad was watching.  I think he never laughed so hard before in his life....