Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I still have a flatbed scanner that I use to scan in CD covers if AlbumArtExchange doesn't have what I need...
Where have I been? There's 20 seasons, 489 episodes and I've never heard of it...
Add on another 11 seasons / 156 episodes of their sibling show and there is a ton of backlog for you to catch up on.  If you have a Roku, the Roku Channel Live TV has one channel dedicated to 24/7 episodes from both shows....
I don't think I'd be able to watch all of that in my lifetime, but I'll give it a shot. Too bad they don't have a guide of some sort that would tell you where to find any show that could be streamed...
Holy crap!  There are multiple lifetimes in this show, 57 years on TV and 72 years if you include the radio series when it all started in 1937.  Count in how many times you're going to have to go back and "re-watch" episodes because you fell asleep in the middle and you pretty much have an eternity in front of you...

But there is one show with even more TV seasons, 61 total for the German show Unser Sandmännchen.
Do they have the audio archives from that show? Hey everyone, let's gather around the old radio for another riveting tale from the Guiding Light...
There you go, if funds and time were no issue, it could be your next project.  Start with something like this.  Then pop on over to the Old Time Radio Catalog site and pick up any of the old shows that you want, like the Guiding Light, Buck Rogers, or Flash Gordon. Add on a Raspberry Pi with some hardware that lets you play either a custom playlist of MP3s that are loaded onto the sd card, or possibly browse the internet and play streaming radio on the internal speaker (you really wanna keep that nostalgic sound, this puppy aint gonna be hi-def audio).  And if the RPi is off, the default speaker connection stays with the internal built-in tuner...
Oooo... I like that idea. I could also put in some streaming radio stations as well...
I have only played gta a few times and don't really remember much about the in game radio.  But it makes sense if you're often in a vehicle that you just took from some old lady...
The GTA series has done a decent job at the in-game radio stations. GTA III hit the nail on the head with one station that's "more tolerable, less annoying, a better variety of noises
between commercials. The one and only. Head Radio." And their Vice City had an eclectic list of stations and songs - fully licensed. But I had to fire up Out Run and play a game...
Oooh, I'm still at the cabin and the little arcade stick that I made is here.  I now need to fire it up and finally configure the inputs for that game...
That will always be a classic drive up north disc...
One of my friends is an "audiophile" and for whatever reason, loves the cassette format...
I hated audio cassette tapes. The wow and flutter drove me nuts. The 30 minute bus ride to school was painful enough, but listening to the walkman when the batteries started to go was even more painful. Now, if you're talking a high-end reel to reel tape, I've heard the audio on those can be superb...
Cassette's were ok.  While they weren't hi-fi by any stretch of the imagination, they were at least a little more portable than the LP that you recorded from.  The format that I hated were 8-tracks.  While I never had any, my cousin had them in the car and it used to annoy the shit out of me when it would change tracks in the middle of the freaking song!!  One friend had an old Nova that had an 8-track player, but at least he had the cassette adapter and we never had to deal with that.