Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Too bad I didn't have a parent like that. But good thing I had a girlfriend who had cooler friends that introduced me to thrash metal and invited me at age 15 to go to a general admission show for Metallica and it looked something like this...
My folks influenced the music I listen to from the fact that they were always in the front seat and controlled the radio.  But when I got older they didn't object to anything that I chose to listen to in my room either.  They didn't like it but didn't tell me no, so that was cool...
Surprisingly, there wasn't a lot of weed at the concerts I went to. Most of them were fueled by alcohol...
Surprisingly a lot of the early Rush shows that I saw in the 80's provided a contact high when I saw them live.  All of their early albums were fueled by a bit of the bud.  Case in point, look at track 2 from 2112 - it's the first song on side two for chrissakes....
I still remember 16 year old me walking back to my hotel room with 4 six-packs of beer in the Bahamas when a dude came up to me selling some weed. I said I was all set, he looked at me, smiled and said "I guess you are"...
I remember 16 year old me (and Dan that was working there too) found that little plot in the fence row between Mr. H and the neighbor that we were clearing.  It was some cheap shit but I traded a lot of it to a neighbor for blank tapes...
I remember my teenage years and between Jamie and Rob I actually don't remember a lot of my teenage years. Driving around listening to static on the radio, waiting for the stop sign to turn green and losing depth perception are my most memorable highlights...
I don't remember a lot of my teenage years.  But then there are a lot of adult years that are gone as well...
I remember a party down in Fairfield and I made a girl cry...
I remember that party, and that was awesome.  Yup, drugs are not always good...
People are just uncultured swine. If you went as Hobbes, it might have been a different night...
You're right, they would have just thought I was Tigger....
I was never a fan of Winnie The Pooh. One grandma had some books and I read them and they were not fun to read. A lot of it didn't make much sense and the characters annoyed me. Now my other grandma had boxes of comics. No action ones, but hey, better than Winnie The Pooh...
Sorry, it's been a while, I was at the farm most of last week and there is zero internet, and it was nice...
No worries man, it's always good to just unplug and get away from it all. I know first hand exactly how that is...