Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't see that happening.  I do however see you going in and ten minutes later mentioning how ass backwards it all is and they can all stuff their rules somewhere unpleasant...
I'd like to think I could maybe pull off a Peter Gibbons from Office Space for a while. "It’s not that I’m lazy, it’s that I just don’t care."
Office Space is yet another series that I haven't watched.  But I get the quote, I just don't know the characters.  I imagine he probably rolled a 15 for Intelligence and a 16 for Charisma though...
Yeah... if you could just go ahead and watch the movie.. that'd be great.

(it's a movie, not a series and my line above would have more impact if you knew this character - because you would have said it in his voice)
I'll add it to my list of movies to watch.  I thought it was a series that was based on the movie, and can say with 100% certainty that I have never seen either...
I've only ever watched 5 minutes of The Office original series from Britain and I thought it was awful. I've only ever seen 30 second clips and memes of the US version and I think it sucks just as bad. Something about shows that came out around that time with the shaky camera and constant zoom in and out. Drives me nuts...
Thanks for doing the background work and heavy lifting.  I think I'll stay away from both the British and the American TV series...
I hear ya on the movies with the same titles. I've seen both of these I think - that's how good they were...
Oh the complete remakes / reboots?  Usually I will ask why. If the original was perfect, how are you going to even come close to producing something worth watching...
Hollywood has so much potential but the ones with the money funding the projects are idiots. They won't do something new for fear of losing money so instead rehash previous blockbuster movies hoping to cash in. And then on the opposite spectrum, they decide to make a movie from a book and just absolutely butcher it. I had just finished reading Timeline and the movie came out, I was already pretty annoyed within the first 5 minutes I thought about walking out...
Cable has been canceled for years now, and streaming services have a ton of content, but it's just like when I had cable.  Hundreds of channels, hundreds of movies, and not a damn thing worth even looking at.  However it is easy to flip through for ten or fifteen minutes and get so bored that I just fall asleep anyway...
It's been at least a decade (if not longer) since we got rid of cable - haven't missed it once. I'm like you with the streaming services, so much out there, nothing to watch. The problem we've faced is we get into a series and they just cancel it. But god awful drivel keeps getting renewed. It's maddening. One series I do like is PBS Space Time. It's right in my wheel-house of things I find interesting, but it's also so incredibly dry that I end up falling asleep to it in 5 minutes. Takes about a week to watch a 25 minute episode...
I find that reading (in general) causes eye fatigue.  I think at this point I need to go get my eyes checked, I probably need glasses.  But one item that I recently read that you might enjoy is a theory that proposes that our observable universe is really just the inside of a black hole...
I've got these high powered magnifying glasses when working on electronics and some of my 3D prints and it's a world of difference in the eye fatigue department versus without them. So reading glasses might prove useful. But that movie was one of the first movies I remember watching in the theater and thinking "oh man, space and stuff, this is so cool" that I have no idea what the real plot of the movie was. I was also getting into astronomy and had a bunch of space and universe encyclopedias I was reading...
Reading glasses are already the norm now, but it seems that since I have started wearing them my eyesight has progressively gotten worse.  Almost like my eyes stopped even trying to focus on close up things...