Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I remember liking the Flintstones vitamins as well. They was a weird flavor - like a mix between those hearts candy and if cough syrup came in powdered form. Something else that's weird is that for the past few years we haven't been able to find those heart candies...
Then you kind of have an idea on what Ovaltine tastes like: chocolate flavored/hearts candy/cough syrup...  I haven't looked for the little heart candies, but it's probably related to Necco filing chapter 11 and dissolving, and other companies pick and choosing the products for themselves.  SkyBar was picked up by another company in MA but they are really expensive now...
So that explains it. I had no idea Necco was bought out, but it's not like I followed them or really cared enough to. But I'd never confuse those with Tums simply because I've never had Tums since I've never had heartburn or a headache for that matter...
Bayer aspirin isn't really a thing down here.  It's always Goody's headache powder, and the first time I saw someone dump a little packet of white powder in their mouth at work, I thought it was something else...
I could only imagine. At least you wouldn't look like a total idiot taking some white powder from a little packet rather than doing something like this...
Pretty much anything as seen on TV falls under that category...
There's been way too many times where I just get so super frustrated with work...
And probably how most of your games of Risk and Monopoly always end...
I never lasted long enough in Risk to get invested enough to be annoyed. Monopoly on the other hand I was fantastic at since my dice rolls there were the same as risk. I'd average between 3 and 5 for movement rolls. Needless to say, I'd pretty much land on every property and suck it up - I could usually get Boardwalk and Park Place on my 3rd lap around the board. Also, as soon as anyone got one of those brown properties I'd make such lucrative offers for them they all thought I was crazy. But wasn't crazy when I'd slap some hotels on them because they were dirt cheap and raked in some serious money because it seemed like those were landed on 70% of the time someone passed Go...
I always liked Monopoly and would do so-so.  Never winning but always coming close.  The one thing that I hated is the game would never end, and when people would get knocked out when I was little, I would wish that I got knocked out just to get away and go do something else that was (by that point in time) more fun.  Until I read an article more recently that we always played it wrong and that by putting the luxury tax and all of those money suck cards and spaces into the free parking was the reason.  Those actions should put the money back into the bank, not back into circulation when someone got lucky..  That it's just a common house rule that basically ruins the game...
Our house rules were similar and we would dump all the cash that wasn't specifically said to go to the bank in there. Free parking acted like the lottery. Much like current conditions, you can't win when rent prices soar but salary remains the same. Your only saving grace was landing on Free Parking...
Oh yeah, I have played the lottery.  I remember writing a program many years ago that picked lotto numbers based on statistics.  That did give me a better winnings percentage over picking straight random numbers each time...
I did the same thing as well. Grabbed a few years worth of data and massaged it through some analytic routines. Theoretically it would "win" a lot of the smaller prizes but not the jackpot. I say theoretically because I would need to spend minimum $200 in tickets based on the number wheel that I returned. I never wanted to spend more than $10 because I felt that was a good amount to spend on the entertainment to fantasize about winning...
Oh, it's not quite a simple skip out on paying capital gains, but if you haven't invested everything that you gained and are expecting to pay taxes, you start up a company and contribute  / invest into that company and purchase supplies and equipment that can then be written off, along with depreciated and help with tax write offs in the future...
I dropped out of my accounting class because that shit doesn't make any sense. Oh, the company had a net loss of $100,000. That's OK, for our investors, we'll just take these numbers from this other column and move them over and voila, we now show a $350,000 profit. But for our taxes, we'll take this other ledger and do some juggling - there. We've effectively made $0 dollars and don't need to pay anything now. Bonuses all around for the 3 letter tiered people. Wooooo!!! (that was a lot of sarcasm in case you couldn't tell)...