Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It took me a while to figure out how to read the d4.  I didn't pick up on the bottom number that's right side up right away...
Yeah, that d4 is truly unique. Here's my d10000000. I use it to throw at people who decide to be a smart-ass and play the game like a jerk...
A few years ago I was playing with a group here.  One of the guys is an engineer and so his magic user was genius intelligence and would over engineer everything...  The DM hated it when he would come up with solutions to some of the problems that were thrown at us.  Like one of his "inventions" was a crossbow bolt that had a mini portable hole attached to the opening of a bag of holding.  It had a framework that would prevent anything from happening until a certain force was exerted (the bolt hitting a target) then it would force the hole into the bag and open a rift to the Astral Plane and suck that creature in...

(Once I realized the pic, I remembered a vid that puts a terrifying spin on beholders... Beholders in Dungeons & Dragons and why they are Iconic)
See, you're too kind. This is what it would escalate to if they started to pull bullshit "inventions" like that other guy...
That sounds like the time I got in trouble during recess and a few of us got into a rock throwing fight.  I got blamed for starting it and the principal sent me outside after recess to punish me by filling a bucket with rocks from the playground.  Some time later he comes out to check and the bucket is only partially full with some of the smallest rocks that I could get.  He was pretty pissed about that one then as well...

Needless to say, I pretty much got out of a couple classes while everyone inside was watching me just sit there daydreaming and dropping pebbles into the bucket...

It kinda reminds me of this skit as well...
I was lucky that I started a lot of shit but always knew when to bail before getting in trouble. My favorite is the food fight I started in 6th grade. No one knew it was me that started it and after it really escalated out of control I quietly ducked out to the lavatory to clean up. When I got back, the VP was in the doorway screaming. When he turned to me, he just told me not to enter and I could spend recess in the library while everyone else was stuck in the cafeteria cleaning it up.

(boot to the head - that made me laugh more than it should have)
Hahahahaha <snort> <giggle>  That's awesome.  I never had the self control to bail on anything mid-fun and always went down with the rest of 'em...

My response could have been the classic scene from the Blues Brothers.  Or a similar memory (though did not result in wide spread anarchy) from my incarceration in high school where a friend was nonchalantly launching peas across the cafeteria with his spoon.  If you ask me, that is a much better use for peas that are placed on your plate anyway...
That was epic. It's also the first time I've ever been banned from a restaurant...
I always remembered it as a Bonanza, but after a little digging I believe you are correct that it was a Ponderosa.  Part of me wishes we had technology then like we do now.  And then the bigger part of me is glad we don't have any evidence...
Yeah, that's what I remember it looking like. I'm very happy that back then capturing "evidence" was inconvenient and cumbersome...
Exactly.  Things weren't that convenient then.  Cameras needed film that you had to wait for development.  Video tape was bulky and making copies for others was just a pain.  Word of mouth was always best and stories would just get better with each telling...
That journal is probably one of the best memories ever. I like the journal idea, but I think the story telling is best and I like your accurate description of how it gets better each time it's told. Everyone, gather around the fire pit as we relive the story of our midnight hike up tower mountain and feel the presence of the black dog following us in the woods...
While story telling is best, the journal that will live on is fun to read on occasion because there were just so many things that happened they would have been lost forever if they weren't written down...
If school has taught me one thing, it's that being on fire should have been a more common occurrence...
If my pyro youth has taught me anything, it's that we are mostly fireproof anyway...