Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, I agree.  Most of the MCU movies are pretty awesome, but you really do need to see them all to understand that relationship.
Different franchises offer different things that appeal to different people. Since I'm not a devout follower of either Marvel or DC, I can appreciate the DC movies a little more. Although, I like my action movies where a story can be told with mostly facial expressions and physical actions...
I have to lean toward the Marvel franchise instead, they are overall more consistent with producing something fun to watch.  However I will agree that the DC movies that were good are awesome.

So what about a "franchise" that's based on an author?  When one movie based on one of his short stories is just above and beyond everything else it just elevates them all.  Watch the directors cut, or final cut or whatever one you want that doesn't have Deckard's narration and it's the perfect movie where the visuals carry the entire movie...
I like movies based on short stories vs movies based on a complete novel. Too many times I watch the movie after reading the book and I can't enjoy it because I'm like "You ass-holes just skipped over a critical piece of the story!" And I think this one is getting a re-make - although it might end up more like a documentary considering our current timeline...
There are some movies that shouldn't be touched...  I dunno what it is about Hollywood, if they have no more ideas or whatever, but the whole remake/reboot thing doesn't often work.  There was a real backlash a few years ago when the rumor got out that they were going to remake A Princess Bride.  Now *THAT* would have been a huge mistake...
"The average mind of a motion-picture audience is 12 years old." - Buster Keaton

I don't think that has changed and Hollywood stays with their formula that makes them money. My daughter and I have watched a few clips of his movies and she even commented that Hollywood should do something like that. It takes serious talent to be able to tell a complete story with no dialog and very little facial expression...
I don't think I have ever seen one of his movies, is there one or two that you would recommend?
I've never watched a full movie, but watched a bit of The General and you start to get invested in only 5 minutes. Another one we like who can tell a story without dialog is Rowan Atkinson. We've watched a few of his stage performances and they're really good...
Maggie turned me on to Mr. Bean all those years ago, he is definitely comedic genius...
My earliest introduction to comedy had to of been this guy...
My earliest introduction to British humour that I got was the same as yours.  And nope, you can't go wrong with a classic...
Another kind of "circus" I enjoyed as a kid...
That's a given, the muppets just appealed to everyone.  For a short while, Animal made me think that even *I* could be a drummer...
That's a tough one. It's close between Beaker and the Swedish Chef, but the chef made me laugh more...

Put da chikee in da baskee
Oh, Swedish Chef was always fun!!!