Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think designing something is the best part of the process. A little think outside the box; such as building a flip top bench for my tools could probably work for a control panel too. And you could go with a cube or hexagon enclosure to give more button options and setups. So for golf and bowling games, just have one side with one of those giant ass trackballs and no need to worry about smashing fingers...
You know what, that's freaking genius!!  I couldn't decide though, it's worthy of an Einstein pic, but then again supergenius enough to make it worthy of another genius.

So you get both!
I've been in a creative mood lately and built a new workbench for working on everything from 3D resin printed stuff, to electronic/circuit building, painting and my latest masterpiece - space invader acrylic light...

(it's version 1.0 and not centered properly - I'm still designing a base for it - and this picture doesn't do it justice - oh, the AT-AT was a gift from my daughter - it's pretty freaking cool)
Ok, that is freaking cool!  I have another suggestion, do the Rush "starman" with red backlight...
I think a wide range of custom options are all doable. But I don't know if I want to sell on Etsy. They basically take 10% of your sale. If I did this I'd like to not price gouge people, but I also wouldn't want to do this for free. I'd have to really think about it...
Not price gouging, but enough to cover the cost of listing, cost of even building and maintaining the site, and put some $$ in your pocket to buy Nancy a few nice things to justify the hobby and say "see, I can put good use to it and make money..."
Maybe I'll start with a local market place first - some craft shows or whatnot and see the kind of response. Use the proceeds generated from hobby to pay for another hobby...
I honestly don't picture the craft show going crowd as a typically geeky type that would appreciate something like that.  But I do know that Rob would be all over it if you showed him...
I've been to a bunch of crap fairs in the past and I was surprised by how much more tech is showing up. It's not just macaroni picture frames anymore...
What!!!???!!!  You mean I can't go get another clay ash tray at my local craft fair anymore????

I do hit my local farmers market on occasion.  The one right near my house (about a mile away) is open Wed through Sun and there is one building that's mostly crafts.  I haven't seen anything tech at all, it's mostly flower arrangements, wood products, and one booth that has hand crafted knives...
We've got a farmer's market in town and I'm less than thrilled about it. Everyone rants and raves about how great it is, but seriously, I expected to see good fruits and vegetables for a fair price. But when the farmer says how they sell to local grocery stores and then charge 2x or 3x's more at the market, why would I buy their goods here instead of just going across town to the store and get the same thing cheaper...?
I've been to the farmer's market there.  One time Barbara Berry was at the gate on the way in, so it was pretty cool running into her and chatting for a while.  But the usual reason I continue to go back is the cheese monger that has a little stand.  That shit is good and he doesn't sell it in the store.  You would need to go to his farm to get it...
I heard Columbia has a really good farmer's market where you can pick up a basket of tomatoes and a bunch of cucumbers for $3.00. Now that's a deal...
The farmer's market near me has a building that consists of mostly importers.  They have multiple stalls and are always the busiest.  I dunno why but that really bugs the shit outta me, there are local farmers and it's easy to tell since they have a sign with the name of the farm and their location and everything they're selling is in season.  The big multi-stall importers are selling bananas, mangos, and pretty much everything else tropical, foreign, and out of season...  Even when mom and dad came down to visit they were looking at the produce and saying it was a lot cheaper than those *other* stalls until I pointed out the bananas and asked him when was the last time he saw a banana tree near here.  In my world, a farmer's market is for local farmers and crafters...
The farmer's market up north is all local. It's old school for sure. Opens at the crack of dawn, all local farmer produce, closes at 10am. But if you're in the know, on Wednesday or Thursday, at closing time you can pretty much clear out the rest of his inventory for pennies on the dollar as he needs to make room for the next shipment.

And that farm toy, I can hear the sound of those barn doors when you open them...