Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if I have any of them, but I do have a drive with one installed. But my favorite mod (next to the Archiver/Happy) was turning the XF551 into a 3.5" drive...

(oh yeah... happy [a-little-late] birthday)
I fully expected to see one of these in that stack.

I know you were the king of modders, not that the 8-bit line didn't make it easy. How many were there, I can think of a handful even now (Happy, DWPS, 3.5", 256K upgrade, internal modem, etc...) I remember putting together an autofire joystick with variable fire rate pot at one time. Oh, and a ring detector and sound digitizer...

thanks for the birthday wishes, it's a scary number this year...
Those were the mods. RamboXL was probably my favorite mod in the way it was such a absolute hack. But besides the mods, I think the MIO and hard drive were the best accessories...
Oh, nostalgia running high, I loved that hack too...
I still like doing hacks. Here's a pair of Arduino's communicating with each other via a wireless connection. Of course LED lights are the choice of visuals...
What would 16 year old us's say about this?

I love this page of posts, it just starts out awesome!
Something like this... but at a more local level, like a single bedroom where every square inch was covered in LEDs. Then spending the day counting each one of them (and adding the 121 LED lights on the spectrum analyzer to the total)...
Dontcha think that covering every square inch of your bedroom would be like staring at this?
You'd better believe it...
Given that the room is 10'x15', ceiling is at 8' and the baseboard is 6" wide, and a white LED is centered on every square inch of the five surfaces (including the door, but minus the baseboard), what is the equivalent number of suns, errr, I mean standard incandescent lightbulbs of light produced?

I used white LEDs just as a baseline and came up with 2953 60 Watt bulbs or 1772 100 Watt bulbs. Worksheet is linked to here...
I learned a little bit today. I learned that measuring light and power is something I don't really have the patience to truly learn.

Given that, I found a 12000 lumen LED (This fucker's bright) and with some simple math and using your spreadsheet, I managed to get 39,789 of these modules onto the walls and ceiling. Total watts produced (pushing this bastard to it's fullest) was 5,172,570 watts.

Going to Wolfram Alpha to do some calculations... standing in the middle of the room yields about 10,886,400 candelas.

Holy shit, Batman, I think you just created a second sun for us Earth dwellers...

Yeah on the math, I started getting a little too deep in the whole lumens calculations and so backed off and kept things deliberately simple. My original plan was to use red, orange and green only, since that was what our 18 year old selves readily had available. But had to do it in a spreadsheet to make it fun to play with...
I tried to compare it to the sun, but again not knowing enough of how to calculate light intensity or power I came up with either 0.0005% of the sun's lumens or 15,300x the sun's lumens...
But if your sun was Betelgeuse, you would need the red ones instead...
Speculations says that Betelgeuse has already collapsed...