Tymeg

Full Version: Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh, I know better than to give people more credit than they deserve.  There's just too much stupidity in the world these days, and it keeps getting worse the more we add warning labels that aren't necessary...
That's pretty cool. One thing I like about Maiden is that they're sound is still the same 40+ years later. And they sound great live as well as they do in the studio. But I imagine they don't move like they used to. Gotta be careful not to break a hip or something...
Oh yeah, Adrian, Dave, and Steve were all at various levels of (in)activity.  A little trot over to there, then just play and catch your breath then another trot elsewhere...  But Bruce and Janick were still their crazy run all over the place acrobatics.  And even though Nikko wasn't running around, he's got the most physical job that night anyway.  I know toward the end of Rush's touring career Neil was talking about how physically demanding every night was and that he was going to need to just stop touring...
I wonder what Rick Allen's take on this would be. Do you think he plays twice as hard or only half as much...?
I'll bet Rick Allen would say he works twice as hard.  I'll bet most drummers would agree.  And I would bet that the haters would say he has one too many arms...
I was playing the air drums while listening to Twisted Sister and I lost one of the drum sticks. I had to switch over to Def Leppard...
What happens when one of the friends watching you air drumming takes your other stick to stop the racket...
This is what you get when you mix the keyboard and drums. And you can probably play it while smashing your face into it too...
Oh yeah, I agree that the xylophone is an underrated instrument.  Have you seen some of the videos where an entire gym full of school kids are playing some AC/DC or Led Zeppelin?
Nope. I haven't seen that one. But I bet it needed more cowbell...
That was neat. They did a pretty good job. I still remember when I first started listening to thrash/heavy metal like Metallica and when WCCC used to play rock, I called in and requested a Metallica song and the DJ had the nerve to say that'd they never play that kind of garbage. Yeah, look at the heavy metal scene now, they have orchestras playing their music...
One of the last times I saw Rush, they brought a string ensemble along for the ride that would play for part of their set...
But here's the thing, almost 40 years later that music is still being played and recognized. Kids today are hearing it for the first time, but we grew up with that. We watched it get treated like a stepchild and when it matured into all the various forms and iterations to present day. To put into perspective how good that music was/is, back in the 80's we weren't listening to the greatest hits of the 40's, but today we're still listening to those 80's bands...
Oh, I completely agree.  I've seen Maiden a few times over the last few years, among other shows.  At every single show, there are always kids.  Kudos to those parents raising their kids on decent music...